We haven't lived by family since our newly-wed days so the fact that we have family 5-ish hours away has been fun. Earlier in the fall Brooks' brother, Bronson (we call him "Bug") and his oldest daughter Elle drove up for a weekend.
Kellyn was ESPECIALLY excited because Elle is just two months younger than her!
Elle really loved her too.....but maybe NOT as much as she loved the babies.
The babies were good sports with all the attention but sometimes wanted their space. Elle assured me they didn't.😂😂
However once the first day novelty of the babies wore off it was all Barbies and dress-ups from there on out.
And jumping on the trampoline in the rain
and chalk.
Elle was like a rockstar here among all my kids.
The boys got some mean golfing in as well.
Their last day was Sunday and Kellyn and Elle went to church all matchy-matchy like twins and were so excited to go together.
Until they WEREN'T and estrogen got the best of them. Here they are NOT walking together to church. hahaha
BUT they made ammends before they left and when the WHOLE Dallas family came for Thanksgiving it REALLY was a dream come true for my family.
(Not pictured: the twins.....since we scheduled dinner during their naps on PURPOSE so we could enjoy the food)
We had a FEAST!!!! And so so so SO much food. Even though Linsey and I stayed up until midnight to go shopping at Walgreens the night before for some sales (turned out it was closed and NOT a 24 hour one......never trust a lady w/o teeth in Walgreens who tells you the store hours), we still pulled off a super tasty dinner.
It was fun to have two extra players for our family Turkey Bowl Game!!!!
Actually, it kinda stunk for one aspect that they actually took the TITLE away from Brooks, Aleeya and me!!!!
It did make it a little better coming back to the house (a loser) knowing we had a WHOLE lot of pies waiting for us!
We also had fun guessing the mystery flavor of Oreos (I'm a SUCKER for these limited-time-junk). We're pretty sure it was Fruity Pebbles and we WERE pretty sure we were going to win a lot of money. #stillwaitingbythephone
Little Houston was a liiiiiiittle overwhelmed by all the action at the house. Brooks never won him over but I DID get him to go to me.....however, of all our family he preferred Aleeya the most.
The fact that there's a Turkey Bowl Football-trophy in my living room WITHOUT my name on it for 2017 can ONLY be okay because Brooks and I were able to beat the two Bronsons in doubles in Ping-Pong. Maybe I should put this picture by the football?
I feel BAD I don't have more pictures from Thanksgiving, but probably because Linsey and I were too busy talking, making extra treats, watching our chick-flick or planning our Walgreens-shopping to take pictures.
Maybe next year....... :)






















1 comment:
I've got ALL the heart eyes for YOUR KITCHEN!!
Post a Comment