Wednesday, January 17, 2018

My Twinados

This post WILL be long, but it's been a "draft" FOREVER!!!! I think I'm paranoid I'm going to miss something or a stage of the twins so I didn't want to post because what if I FORGOT SOMETHING!!!! I HAVE TO CAPTURE IT ALL!!!! Ridiculous. Their cuteness must be shared and recorded!!! :)

Sometimes it feels like all I do is follow the twins around and take pictures because I can't imagine anything cuter. And then I see how much destruction they unsupervised and realize that I don't follow them around enough!
These pictures are dated from fall through now so it's funny for me to see the twins with so little hair in these first pictures but seriously, they even get into more now!
Back to the short-haired versions of my dishwaster-emptiers. Super helpful, no?
And juuuuuuust when I was thinking I had too much peanut butter around, they decided to help me with that too.

They look super sorry huh.


I could probably take a picture like this one every day....and each day I try a new twin-proof idea that fails.


When the kids leave on the bus my FIRST priority is to RUN to the table to clear it from breakfast.
Apparently I was too late this day.
Who SERIOUSLY chugs jam?!?!?

Wynn does, THAT'S who!



Speaking of Wynn she is quite the singer and has always liked singing. The older girls will stand on the fireplace to sing or on this honey bucket as a stage. Wynn has picked it up and will just stand on this and "sing".
Here Wynn is back in August "singing" and shoo-ing Iley away when she starts bothering her.

These girls also take turns getting shiners. Seriously. Wynn had one for a few days before Iley tried to show her up with this one.

There's always gotta be a "one-upper" huh.

But bruised legs and dirty feet are just my favorite.
Being outside is their preference and thank GOODNESS for the doggy-door the owners before us installed into the backyard. The babies just crawl through whenever they wanna go out. :)
Even on a rainy day.
Talented lawn-mower right HERE!

Most sporting events the babies are left at home with an older sibling, Brooks or myself. Well one particular Saturday morning when Brooks and older kids were away I thought, "no big deal" the babies will sit RIGHT on the side and watch the game.
THIS picture captures the three seconds they were sitting down and NOT trying to run away or on the field.....usually in opposite directions.

They are usually together though. I think they prefer to be. So when one discovers something cool.....

then the OTHER has to try it too!
But sometimes it doesn't always work out in an only-room-for-one kind of cupboard.

The baby ladies are extremely social. They love lifting their arms to anyone that comes to the door and then snuggle right into their neck. My babies LOVE these neighbor friends of ours.


They have a boy set of twins and a girl set of twins....maybe that's why the babies are drawn to them. :) Anyway, this particular gentlemen said to me one day, "Miss Smit, it's like you have 14 kid when we come over." haha
(Sadly they moved away in November though!!! They were around almost every day.)

SPEAKING of November........ HOL-EE COW!!!!! The most wonderful thing happened!!!!!
My twincesses turned 18 months which MEANS they could go into NURSERY AT CHURCH!!!!!
Here they are walking to church that day with dad. I put nametags on their backs so the nursery leader could tell them apart.

Turns out the nametags never made it to nursery so the nursery leader kept asking Everly who was who. Which is funny because Everly calls them BOTH Wynn. 😂😂 #shehasnoclue

I promised the kids on Nursery Sunday that we would celebrate with ICE CREAM SUNDAES!!!!
That day was BEYOND worth celebrating. Brooks and I have walked hours in the hallways......actually many times running with their whole smile-and-run-in-opposite-directions thing.

Yes, THESE sweet ballerinas can be trouble, but man oh man are they the highlight of EVERYONE'S day around here!!!! 💗💗

I get so many requests of, "Mom, will you take a picture of just me and the twins?"

They have to watch their siblings get on the bus each morning. Iley says "Bus" perfectly......or really anything that has a "s" on the end. ("Iris", "Royce", "mas", etc.)
Iley ALSO gets the most mad when something doesn't go her way. For a while it was Wynn who was more moody, now it's Iley.

Probably my FAVORITE trick the babies do is the "Wooooooooooooo PIG SOOIE" call that Arkansas Razorback fans do during football games. ANYTIME they see a Razorback (someone in the family is usually wearing one each day) the babies start the "Wooooooooo" and lift up their arms. For that reason, these onesies are their favorites. They actually look in their drawers for them and point to the Razorback.

The above picture of them drinking reminded me of something a friend who has twins told me while I was pregnant. She said that having twins consolodates the work for two kids. I think that ALL THE TIME. I'm already changing a diaper, why not add another. I'm already feeding one, why not another the same thing. Having twins is actually more fun and easier than I was expecting.

Look how cute they are in the waiting room ready for their shots.
aaaaaaaaaand waiting for the nurse. :)

These two make me feel like a ROCK STAR every time I go in after their naps. In fact the kids and I race to see who gets to go be their saving grace.

Both the girls know body parts in Spanish, but for some reason Wynn ALWAYS resorts to saying "Ojo" (eye). She will poke herself or anyone's eye she can find.....even while I'm trying to change Iley. Here's a video of me walking in their room, Wynn showing me her eye and them yelling my name.(she is on the left) See? Rockstar status.


Speaking of beds.......*sigh*.....we've had some difficulties with these smart little girls lately. They started folding up the bottom mat of the port-a-crib and didn't know how to get it back. I would find them many times pathetically sleeping on the bars! 


So I put a pad on top, sealed it with a sheet and tied it on the back to stay in place. I thought the fatness of it would prevent them from folding it up. Well, it did for a month, THEN they managed to fold it once and use it for a stepping stool to get OUT. The two-nap-a-day thing quickly disappeared after that. In fact here's a video of "naptime" for them one day. I kept hearing them busting a gut! (the first part is me standing outside their door...turn the volume up!)


So now I have one baby in a bed (Iley) and Wynn in a port-a-crib with the base basically secured firmly. I still have one nap from them during the day now. I'll take it
Wynn thinks I'm going to stick her in the same bed with Iley......silly girl. (yes, she has a swimsuit over her pajamas....they are ALWAYS bringing us clothes to layer on top)

And look what we have...... PIG TAILS!!!!!! 😍😍😍 (Wynn getting mad I'm making them stop for a picture instead of letting them go outside)

They SERIOUSLY are the snuggliest and yummiest little things!!!! (Wynn on right)

Pretty sure my heart explodes MUTLITPLE times a day, but especially when they go in for a "beso"/kiss.

or a hug!!!!😍😍

Get ready for cuteness overload.....check out these four beauties in their BOOTS!!!!!!

These are quite possibly my favorite shirts on them that read, "Together we can do anything",
with their boots of course! (Wynn on left)

As cute as little girl clothing is there was ONE clearance set of BOY pajamas I couldn't pass up in honor of our old van, The Yeti.
"You Guys Yeti for This?"
Wynn could swing on her closet bar with her legs up forever. #absofsteal
Wynn also likes to call Iley and find her when she's not around. She wanders the house yelling, 
"I-WAH!" Until Iley says, "huh!"
She even yells it over and over when she wakes up in her port-a-crib to wake up iley across the room.
Wynn throws more food on the ground and even tries to sneakily throw it behind her when she thinks I won't notice. #herface
She's more content to be off and doing something EXCEPT when she's sick. And instead of being those lay around pathetically sick people (like her sister) that you actually feel SORRY for, Wynn is a whiney sick..... like Camden, Kellyn and Iris. :)
When I'm thinking straight, I try to grab Wynn to sit closer to be at church then Iley, since Wynn is content to sit on my lap instead of wanting to make a break for it. 
Her favorite words are "ojo" "dientes", button, bum-bum, whew-whew (after she poops she comes and tells me), DAD, Mom and a few others. AND SHE IS A BOOK WORM!!!! 
LOVES her board books!

Little Miss Iley May loves to try to speak and repeat everyone's names. She's pretty good at it too. While Camden passes the sacramant at church on Sundays she always stands up, points at Camden wherever he is and whispers, "Ca-Ca" over and over. 
Speaking of brothers, when Bronson ("Papi") walks towards this little one she will say, "Nah Nah Nah Papi" (No No No) because he likes to pick her up upside down and while Wynn likes it, Iley does not.
Both the girls love shoes/boots/socks. 
(I want to eat up that face)
Since she is in a bed when she wakes up sometimes I will see these little fingers waving to me under the door when I walk pass.
Iley likes to add an "s" to the end of many of her words because she as mastered that sound. So instead of "Wynn" she calls her sister "Whiss".
This #10 also is a bottomless tank. First thing she does when she sees me in the morning is make the "I want to eat" sign by making a smacking sound while pointing to her mouth. She just gets RIGHT to the point in the morning.


And because this is just too cute (albeit blurry), here's my girls patiently waiting for a show to start that they MIIIIIIIIGHT watch for one minute. MAX! (Iley with the bruise)

To end I will just put these two videos here. It shows some fun interactions between the girls that love being together. The top one is when Iley kept asking Wynn to hit her.
Have I mentioned before I LOVE having these girlies?!?!?! 💗💗💗💗💗💗💗😍
video

video

1 comment:

Miles said...

Ah, Melissa!! They are such sweethearts! They fit right in with the rest of your crazy clan!! I have really enjoyed the new updates! Keep 'em coming :).