In September I drove down to Dallas to go to TOFW with my sister-in-law, Linsey!
In case you don't know what TOFW is, it's "Time Out For Women" and they even give you these letters to pose with. Now Linsey can attest that I had a brilliant idea on which order I wanted to put them in, but the adult-side of me assured me of my age and I changed my mind.... so we just randomly held them up so eveyone else in line could look at us like we're idiots. #missionaccomplished
But I'm getting ahead of myself....... FIRST let me talk about the highlight of my drive down to Dallas: A ROOTBEER FREEZE FROM A&W!
Yes, there are two cups there......I got two on the way down.
and two on the way back....shhhhhh
We decided we were going to be all adventurous while we were down there and use Groupon and eat at one of those places. But man oh man did we SCORE with this Peruvian restuarant.
No, we didn't reserve it for a private party, there was just no one there.
BUT IT WAS SO GOOD! Thanks to Linsey's time in Peru she knew EXACTLY what to order and it knocked (or "blew" as Emerson would say) BOTH our socks off.
When we got to the place where all the presenters were there was a huge line to get in. HOWEVER, kindness pays off. I saw a lady in a wheelchair trying to maneuver to get to the front. I asked if I could help her and her (older) companion. After we got to their handicap entrance she told me to just stay in line with her.....meaning we got in front of about a thousand people. Well not really, but we sure ended up with good seats. #kindesspays #andnotjustinwarmfuzziestoo
We got our TOFW bags....
It MAY look like they are just stage lights behind us but they really are halos.....or the shine of our kidless dispositions? Nah, probably halos.
There was amazing music, even BETTER presenters and turn-you-to-butter-Nathan-Pachenco singing.
(and we waited in line to meet him too. Oh yea)
(I'm sure he totally cares what I'm saying too)
These next few pictures are kinda why I shouldn't be allowed out in public....

As we were waiting in line we saw this guy all dressed up.
We didn't know who he was BUT it was Time out for WOMEN, so the fact that he was there must've meant that he was famous and we weren't going to miss out on getting a picture with him!
Turns out he wasn't famous.
But at LEAST Linsey I know we are prepared when we DO see someone famous!
The hotel stay was dreamy, the Texas-shaped waffle was huge and we loved the presenters the next day too!
At lunch we Groupon-ed a Chicago pizza place nearby (with one of Linsey's best friends)
I have never tried Chicago style pizza.
MIND. BLOWN.
Then I pulled over by QuikTrip (QT) gas station because I MISS THAT PLACE SO MUCH. This picture made my husband jealous.
And then I GOT TO SEE MY SWEET NIECES AND NEPHEW!!!!!
And Houston LOOOOOOOVES me. Like a LOT. See?
Actually he tried his best to get as FAR away from me as possible. He even resorted to trying to climb up his sister's kitchen to get away from me. #starauntstatus
What I'm trying to say is, Linsey and I are ALREADY looking forward to next year's TOFW. :)

















No comments:
Post a Comment