Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Twins in the last month

Walking down the hallway I start to hear this drumming noise over and over.
As I pass the bathroom I peek in and see these two faces, just banging away on the toilet seat.
(iley in white in front)
I thought it was the SWEETEST thing.....until I remembered it's a matter of time that they will learn to lift that seat lid UP.
Anyway, I'll enjoy this while I can.

The Wynn and Iley share a room with Royce. 
And. He. Loves. It.
He's very worried about the room arrangements when we move to a new place possibly next year and keeps saying, "I can still share a room with the twins, right?"


He actually gets them out of bed too and just plays with them on the floor in their room. Some mornings I think, "Oh the babies are sleeping in!" Until I walk past their room and realize they are just in there playing with Royce.
Miss Wynn and Royce

Speaking of Wynn, I LOVE this picture of her just sucking away at an orange with a little bit of the peel off. 

We eventually peeled the whole thing and she downed the entire orange.
I love this picture too.

Brooks had a leftover muffin in his work bag that Everly pulled out (surprise, surprise). Iley decided to help herself to it and was so pleased with herself.

She would curve her back and just dive down into that muffin as hard as she could. haha

They love food and the experience of putting different tasting things in their mouths. 
Here's their first time with bananas. (Wynn on left)
And regular ol' crackers. I just take a ridiculous amount of pictures when I see them so cute and eating away in their high chairs.

Like I said, these two LOVE putting everything in their mouths and love all tastes (even cooked broccoli). And has horrible as this sounds, it's like having two dogs around sometimes. There's regularly food around on the floor that has fallen off the table or in the kitchen. Wynn and Iley crawl around eating it all up. It's gross, I know. But cute because they love it so much and they are content.
I will say, I TRY to keep food off the ground, it just doesn't always happen.

The only time I really feed them baby food/cereal or yogurt things is usually in the bath so we can just wash it off their faces. These two LOVE the bath like no other children of mine have!
I put a few inches in and they just crawl around, smacking their hand in the water and sliding everywhere and into each other.


This picture made me laugh with the funny placement of the gatorade lid looking like poop, but I assure you, it's just a lid. They LOVE them, and toothbrushes and the large Nerf bullets to suck on. So those are their bath toys. 😆


As you can see it's kinda impossible to get a good bath picture. They have places to go and water to look at and play with.

These babies have been sleeping separetly since November. Still by each other so they can see from their bed to their sister's, but one is in the port-a-crib and the other in the crib.
One night I decided to let them have a sleepover together.
This will always be one of my favorite pictures I think....
(iley on the right)

I love every crease on these babies and even their cute cottage cheese. I'm sure Wynn will forever be grateful I took this picture.....but I couldn't help myself.

Giggle time with Dad. They are the so cute.


And their NEW trick as of the last week in January is standing up by themselves. Iley just started doing it one afternoon and Wynn saw it and stood right up too. Now they practice their standing up all the time and can hold it for a while. 



And they also slide and walk along the furniture..... and they're 8 months. 
I'm not seeing this as a good sign for me. 
But MAN, they are so cute doing it.

Oh, and a few things I wanted to remember about the two.....
Wynn: is the flipper-over when we change her bum. Sometimes we have to hold her down in a two-person job kind of way. She also has started breathing in and out really loud and hard when I do it to her. She thinks she's so funny. Miss Wynn started clapping first and ALWAYS sits and claps with a smile on her cute face. Also, when she hits the music on her play toy she can't help but move and "dance".

"Iley May": (Apparently I use her full name a lot and Everly only calls her by the both names now.) Iley May has one bottom tooth now. She is also the one that the kids do NOT want to put in her carseat. Whenever her back HITS the carseat, she tries to flip over and stand up. It is a brutal struggle everytime. Lately she finishes her bottle and then reaches for Wynn's leftovers and finishes her's too. Her silly sound is smacking her lips. She'll do it, then I will, then she'll smile and do it again thinking she's hilarious.
This interactive stage is just so fun.

2 comments:

hughesfamily said...

Looking at their pictures explains so much about why Melissa and I are still so close! This is so sweet. We used to say that if everyone had a twin there would be world peace, because everyone would be happy!

Jamie said...

They are really just the cutest. The toilet drumming IS adorable!