Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Compelled to be Humble

I haven't blogged about my three older kids recently so here I go....

This is Emerson on his way to his second Jr. Patriots wrestling tournament.
(his singlet is UNDER his clothes)

They have all their wrestling tournaments on Sunday here (we've missed 6 so far because of it). This time the coach told Camden and Emerson that part of the tournament was on Saturday. BUT (and it's a BIG "BUT") the "experienced" wrestlers are on Saturday and the 1st year ones (like my boys) are on Sunday. Camden and Emerson still thought it would be fun to wrestle knowing full well the boys they would wrestle were "experienced".

Infact, BOTH boys weren't too worried about it. "Mom, I already won a gold medal and I plan on winning another today." Emerson was SO confidant he planned on wearing this cape to his meet.


Brooks made him take it off before they left.... not sure if it was to save Brooks' or Emerson's embarrassment. (?) Here is my confidant boy on his way to his second "pretty-much-guaranteed-gold" wrestling tournament.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand he was pinned the first match. (I wasn't there but Brooks was. I was running Bronson to his basketball game and was busy being pulled over by a cop in the Yeti with my expired license plate, tail light out, no driver's license with me, speeding and a few older kids not buckled in)
His second match he was thrown down so hard Emerson said he couldn't breathe... and exited the mat in dramatic flair as only Emerson can.
Camden lost both of his as well. Pinned the first and lost by points the second one....but apparently gave the guy a run for his money.....or singlet. Whatever.

They both came home a liiiiiiiiittle bit shocked w/o a medal. And they may have even gone down a weight class too with their heads quite a bit smaller now. #forcedhumility


Nevermind.
Maybe not Camden's head.

You see, THIS kid is OBSESSED with his hair. 
I could probably count on two hands how many references to his hair I hear EACH and EVERY day. 
And that's not counting the times he stops to check it out in a mirror.
Brooks and I think it's funny.
Well, I THOUGHT it was, until I looked at my phone and found about 20 selfies of HIS HAIR ON IT!!!!!!
I'm gonna buzz it while he's sleeping.......... JUST so I can have more memory space on my phone.

Speaking of Camden, he's been sick this week. Almost all of us have. Brooks, Bronson and Aleeya are the last ones standing who haven't gotten this 3 day fever, chill, coughy/sore throat, and weak bug. Kids have been laying around on couches right and left. But NONE act like Camden does.
This kid is the POSTER BOY for a "Man Cold".
Hol-ee-COW!
Everything is SO dramatic.
I hear things like how he wants to die, every muscle hurts, his sickness is worse than everyone else's.... he even said, "I hurt more than all y'all",  everything looks smaller to him now ("my hands look smaller, my feet, my eyes just aren't working right!"), he keeps wishing he could puke, he's "so sick he can't even do his hair" (*GASP*), he couldn't get warm even if he sat in a fire, this sickness is giving him a toothache, he can't stand up, he moans every step he takes, and there's heavy breathing...... OH THE HEAVY BREATHING!!!! etc. etc. etc. ALL. DAY. LONG. 
He stayed home from school for three days. A very long three days for me. After he was fever-free for 24 hours I sent him back yesterday. He showed up at the nurse's office during first period because he felt weak. She asked if he wanted to call his mom and he said, "No, she won't do anything anyway." Then he decided to go back to classs.
THAT'S RIGHT!!!!!
Honestly, I give sympathy to my kids. Really, I do. I have been co-snuggling so many for most of my days. Scratching backs and enjoying the down time. I even had it myself so I KNOW how they feel (although I STILL had to cook, clean and listen to their whinings, but I digress). I really feel sorry for them.
But as of this morning. I don't feel sorry for Camden anymore. 
It's been a week buddy. Take a few SUCK-IT-UPS and get over it.
#ipityhiswife
#imustwarnher

Then there is THIS tall boy....



Yea, this kid just turned 14.
HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?!?!?!
He's been my first little buddy for longer than this mom-brain can even remember!
We've been through a lot together. A lot of mom-growing-pains and experimenting-on-the-firstborn stuff. But I'm proud of the kid he's turned into it. I guess I should say the young man he is. He's responsible, reliable, a really hard worker and happens to have a REALLY big soft spot for two little munchkins. He always calls them "Miss Whats-your-name". No matter which one he is talking to. 😆

As a parent I love hearing from other parents how respectful he is in their homes with all his "yes m'ams" and "sirs". As a parent I DON'T like hearing about all the girls interested or his constant social life luring my oldest baby away. Sheesh. These growing Mommy pains are hard on me sometimes.
Anyway, he's going paintballing for his birthday this weekend, but here is his junkbox. He pretty much hit the jackpot this year on it. (that is before Everly ate some of it)



3 comments:

Miles said...

Are you blogging from jail?!!

hughesfamily said...

Emerson in the cape. I can't stop laughing. I love your kids' personalities and how you capture each one of them!

Linsey said...

I feel like I may never catch up on all the things I'd like to again!! But I'm loving your blog updates! I could not stop laughing at Emerson's flag cape and Camden's love of his hair!! When did he become a teenager? And speaking of teenagers, Bronson sure is impressive! I love what a good boy he is :) However, I'll admit, I'm so biased to the posts about the twins!! Seeing those doubly cute faces and baby "cheeks" just makes my day!! I didn't realize Royce shared a room with them and it's so sweet that he loves it so much and so do the girls!