Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Because it's just been too long.....

I used to document more what Aleeya decided to wear to school........ it MAY seem like I'm just singling out one child to take pictures of. Well, that's because it's true.
Aleeya has her own unique view of clothes, herself and confidance. 

We let the kids wear what they want to school as long as it is neat, clean, not ripped and not athletic clothing. Other than that, they have free reign.

This year she has also done her own hair.
Here are a few samples of her outfits this year.

I call this Peaceful Cheetah Explosion.
A lot of colors accented with a cheetah pattern bow and her favored side-ponytail.

The Under-lace
She's going to singlehandedly bring in the fashion of people wearing see-through tops as their UNDER shirts. The stripes/floral was just an added bonus.
(Kellyn's face is so cute)

Totally Turquoise
Because if it's in the same color scheme, it matches.
(I actually love that outfit)

She has ALSO started braiding her hair in a bunch of braids when she gets out of the shower at night all by herself so her hair is kinky the next day.
When you pair that hair with the brightest skirt possible, it's a total win.
The Rainbow

And because a see through lace shirt seems to be a favorite, it can sometimes be put on the outside, and again paired with kinky hair. I'm assuming she doesn't play much on monkey bars at reccess in this?.......hopefully?
The Sharp-as-a-Pencil-Skirt 

Layering has really been her thing lately. EVERY shirt is layered for the past two weeks. So there's always a peek-a-boo of another pattern poking out the bottom of her top.
Her new thing? Glasses. 
Oh no, her eyes are just fine. She can see great. But she bought some non-perscription glasses so she can wear them too.
Layered Smarty Pants

We don't let her wear the glasses to school anymore because we aren't sure if they are a distraction to her in school. But whe wears them non-stop around the house. The first day she had her glasses on she was in the other room looking in the mirror (by herself) and Brooks heard,
"I look good. I look SO good......
I look REALLY good."

Regardless of the actual clothing she is wearing at least she goes dressed in confidence every day.

1 comment:

hughesfamily said...

I am sitting here and cannot stop laughing. Your kids are so lucky to have a mom who lets them be themselves. Her creatively and confidence and spunk and huge grin... she is so awesome .

I love that you name the outfits 😂.