June 5th was their last day of school and I thought it might be a fun time to post a few pictures of Aleeya's school outfits. I let her dress herself however she wants as long as it's clean and not ripped, etc.
Here she is on the last day of school. She added some felt, yellow flower thing to her outfit. Her teacher says Aleeya always makes her smile when she comes to school.


Sometimes she got all fancy with a cute outfit and then added some striped leggings under.
Other times, it was just.......pure-Aleeya.
This was actually her outfit for Career Day (What they wanted to be when they grow up Presentation). Aleeya picked a Mommy.
However I ASSURE you I don't throw polka-dot tights under my dresses.
This picture doesn't show it well, but this Sunday she had a black eye. I just loved how she owned it with her floral dress and polka-dot tights with sandals.
To finish it off I thought I would post the outfit she wore as we went to Krispy Kreme on the last day of school for the free doughnut day.
If anyone can rock a striped shirt, soccer shorts and zebra-printed pumps, it's Aleeya.
I also had a new 3 ft pool thing set up to surprise them after their last day of school. They were so excited because our neighbors have one and they always want to go over. And it's just plain easier for me then hauling them all to the YMCA. This way, I just stick the littles for naps while the older kids have a blast.
However the littles are the ones that spend the most time in it anyway. Kellyn just wears her floaties on her arms all day for anytime she decides to go jump in. They love it.
And WITH all this swimming action I also stated my mean-mom-rule #784. That is: you can NEVER use a towel after you swim.
(just THINK of all the towels I would always be washing and cleaning from dirt!)
So they are always drying off on the hot driveway. I remember doing that as a kid! haha
Even more then Aleeya's outfit, the doughnuts or the pool, it was a pretty monumental day around here for us. However I didn't KNOW about it until the day before when I get a text from Brooks seeing if I could get his white coat dry cleaned by the next day at 3pm. I asked him what was at 3pm and he said, "Graduation. They're making me go."
I took a picture of him on his way to graduation with Camden.
Camden has actually been our "gage" as to how long we've been on this medical path together since he was born on the first day of medical school 11 years ago.
Brooks and I arrived in Johnson City city for medical school with our chubby 1 year old, Bronson and past my due date with Camden. We finished it all as a family of 10.
It's been a SUPER long path/adventure for Brooks and our family and to think the "end" is here is pretty crazy. Brooks worked his HINEY off the whole time but I actually felt like we had a pretty fun and awesome time during it all. Brooks and I grew closer during tricky medical times as he relied on me to keep things going and I relied on him to provide for the family and provide for my (and my kids') emotional/mental stability when he got home. Our constant texting felt like he wasn't away as much as he was since our daily goal was to make the other smile in our texts. (Actually, my goal was to make him laugh out loud to look all silly while trying to work)
It doesn't really feel like an end either (since we're staying here in our same little rental for a while) but it feels kinda exciting as a new beginning. I'm excited for the more hours/weekends our family will have with Brooks, a little more funds in my monthly budget and the challenge now to get our loans paid off as soon as we can. (because we ALL know Brooks and I like a challenge)










2 comments:
I have the same no-towels, sit in the sun rule. My neighbors think I'm the worst and meanest.
Congrats on your amazing 11-year journey!! I can only imagine how surreal this must be feeling for the Smiths!
How could Aleeya's teacher NOT smile!! I noticed myself with a big grin on my face as I looked at that sweet smile with those "pretty" outfits on ;) Seriously, she is the cutest!! I think Elle is following in her footsteps for a future fashionista, she's really into picking her own outfits out! And CONGRATULATIONS to Brooks! I can't imagine the super long, long, long, long x 10 years you guys have been through. You definitely deserve to be finished with that step and onto the next!
Post a Comment