It's the time of year for the St. Patrick's Day jellybean race!!!!!!
(a tradition I've done every St. Patrick's day for over 30 years!)
In our skinny living room we have to break down the race into heats. We decided to switch things up a little and put Camden against Aleeya (who is actually better then Bronson and equal to Emerson usually, so we thought this battle was fair).
Aleeya actually was ahead most of the jellybean race!!!
(She could use her hands since she isn't 8 yet)
Until.......this picture really does make me sad though.......notice Aleeya's pink jellybean SO close to the finish line and you can SEE how far back Camden was. He basically had an amazing flip of the jellybean and you can see the little green speck at the bottom, passing the finish line before Aleeya's did. Soooooo close. It's like she's staring at it in disbelief!
Next it was Bronson vs. Emerson.
Which, as expected, Emerson creamed Bronson. I think his days of winning haven't happened since he was 4 or 5. haha
We had to do a little adjustment to the finish line since Everly couldn't keep her dirty paws off it!
Then there were these three.......
They were having a little too much fun and towards the end both Royce and Iris just swatted their jellybeans with their hands over the finish line and agreed to a tie. Whatever.
Next was THIS intense battle.....
Emerson had my phone taking pictures and I'm SO glad he caught this "boxing-out" moment Brooks pulled on me on camera.
So I at least had an excuse as to why I lost......(Brooks celebrating in the back)
The semi-finals was btw. Emerson and Camden.....
Needless to say, Camden won and Emerson spent the next few minutes explaining through tears how Camden cheated.... (he didn't). I can't IMAGINE where he gets his hate-of-losing from.....
And the GRAND FINALE...... THE RACE OF THE YEAR (since Camden allowed the parents back in the "running" to officially win).....the DECIDING FACTOR OF THE LOCATION OF DINNER came down to Brooks vs. Camden
Game. Faces. On.
And I'll be darned if Camden didn't pull out the win!!!!!!!
(it's legit too.....we aren't the let-your-kids-win type )
The obligatory congratulations handshake of the winner.
Camden was SOOOOO excited.
He picked Golden Corral........(surprise surprise.....pretty sure that's been at LEAST 5 years straight. Brooks reeeeeally wanted to win to go someplace else). We loaded everyone up in the Yeti and gave Kellyn JUUUUUUST enough time to find my make-up bag and make herself all "pretty" for dinner. Great.
The whole clan out in front of Golden Corral. Pretty soon that restaurant won't know what hit them!
So I DON'T let my kids win, but I DO let them pick out their own clothes. Aleeya's outfits never disappoint. I need this picture framed.
The winner with his dessert plate, fish tacos, pizza and everything else he already downed.
Mascara lady with her cotton candy....
Okay, so we are SUGARED-up and ready to leave.
Maybe NEXT year someone can beat Camden and we will venture out and eat someplace else!






















5 comments:
They are all so cute Baloo! Kids always seem to pick a buffet to eat..at least the boys do. My girls were wishing for this mexican food place, but everyone still enjoyed ChuchARama last night. :)
Must have been that Packers jersey that helped him secure the win!
There are so many reasons I love your family, but this is one of my favorite parts about you! What a fun tradition! And I love that you don't let your kids win... And that he won anyway!! Awesome.
I am so glad you documented the actual meal, too!! yiu make my documentif heart happy.
This always looks so fun!! You can tell the kids get so into it too. Aleeya was SO close, I think she could bring home the win next year!!
I love the family pic in front of the restaurant! Such a beautiful fam!
Post a Comment