So our boys have gone through plenters of sports and sports teams and man, do I love watching games of their's......unless it is t-ball because that is just brutally boring and frustrating......but besides THAT, I love it.
But I was NOT prepared with how much I was going to love watching Aleeya play soccer.
I just wasn't.
Aleeya has done gymnastics and girly things but has begged and begged to play soccer. I kept missing deadlines for the past year so this is her first legit season playing (I don't call 3 yr olds playing soccer a real season). She has never really played much and to be honest, we're not really a "soccer" family......unless it's during the World Cup and then it's played every day.
(I take that back, when I was younger I played soccer up through 9th grade. I was goalie in 8th grade most of the time and broke many a set of glasses and broke a few ribs. yea....um.....now maybe I understand why we haven't gone the soccer-route much.)
Well, DURING the World Cup when it was played every day she played against her brothers. They needed her as the 4th man to make it a 2-on-2 game. So although she hasn't really played the last 3 years like all the other kids on her team I knew she would be able to hold her own.
And man, oh, man, was I RIGHT!!!!!
This girl has scored the most out of the whole team and tells me she's the best player on her team (we raise humble children).....which she might just very well be. There is probably one or two boys on her level though.
She seriously just attacks that ball!
And I wanna yell, "THAT'S MY GIRL!!!! GET IN THAR AND HAMMER THAT THERE BALL!!!!"
But I don't (Brooks constantly thanks me for that), because I'm also a little distracted watching the other kiddos. (We only lost a child once this season.....Iris......so that's pretty good.....yay for that) Like this morning for example at Aleeya's game.....Brooks was working so I took all 8.
I had Everly straped to me and two elderly ladies came up and said, "Awwww, you have four kids? Why of course you have four kids, because you just look so calm."
BWHAHAHA.
I kindly told them thank you for the calm-pliment (hahaha. I didn't say that pun at the time, but I shoulda!!!!) and that I actually had 8, so did that make me doubly calm? They looked around me not seeing 8 children and I said, "If you see random children that look unsupervised, they're with me".
Like how Royce and Bronson were just kicking back and forth to each other off by themselves
(LOVE Roycey's boots he wears EVERY day)
Then there's Emerson who sits WITH Aleeya's team and gives them coaching tips and tells the coach what to do and who to send in.
When a boy got taken out of the game, Emerson took it upon himself to "teach him a better strategy". He brings him over there and said, "Okay Xavier, try to take the ball from me." Emerson probably thinks the team can't function without him.
My two piggy-tailed girls, Iris and Kellyn went up the hill to the tables to color
To any other person they would look "unsupervised" but I knew where they were......hence the reason the ladies thought I only had a few children.
So back to Aleeya's game.... and her corner kick
I texted Brooks this picture of Aleeya after shooting a goal (that the goalie stopped) and Brooks said, "Why is she shooting on her own team?" hahaha. It looks like that huh. However Aleeya's LIGHT blue team was playing the dark blues
I have a feeling this will be the first of maaaaaaaaany soccer seasons with this girl. She squeals every day she has practice or a game and treats her shin guards as one of her most prized possessions.
Seeing my little girl out there KILLING it on the field against all those boys.....
well, all I can say is
THAT'S my girl.









5 comments:
I love her huge grin! I've never meet Aleeya, but she seems like she does everything with passion.
I want to comment on her, but first I have to comment on Emerson. HILARIOUS!! And, as a parent, I would definitely appreciate a little extra one on one time for my kid from an "expert." He is too funny. I love it.
She is really owning that ball and you should be so proud!
I want to hear more details about the "lost Iris", please :)
Way to go Aleeya!! She looks really into the game and you can tell she can hold her own! Her big brothers must be proud :)
Love the new picture at the top! I love that all of your kids so uniquely their own person, yes also so clearly one of the Smith clan. The picture is perfect and captures your family!
Emerson is cracking me up. I love his personality.
Aleeya! Her smile is the best! I love that she is holding her own with the boys! And killing it!
Your kids all finding their own fun? THe best.
Also, I am jealous of your Y soccer. My sister's is good, too. Ours is awful.
Aleeya, you're AWESOME!!
Post a Comment