The week the kids have been looking forward to all year long FINALLY came!
We are OFF to Myrtle Beach!
Once we drove for a while Brooks and I both commented how nice it was that on the way to the beach this year we weren't stranded on the side for 4 hours like last year.
Pretty soon after our comment we saw a lady on the side of the road changing her tire and knowing EXACTLY how she felt we stopped, which is always a welcomed idea to the kids, especially when there are "cool trees" with a creek by it. (Where was THIS oasis last year Linsey?)
But even BETTER then the location, Aleeya found a lizard. With that new passenger (the lizard) in tow the 11 of us set out to the beach.
We ALSO commented on how nice it was to have windshield wipers that work (unlike last time). Just then it started raining, we hit a big bump and then the windshield wipers stopped working. It wasn't just sprinkling, it was COMIN' DOWN. I told Brooks I was gonna pull over but he kept telling me I could do it. The only way I COULD was getting really low and looking through this one spot. Brooks kept making fun of me, but I got us there safely..... albeit with a sore, hunched back.
As soon as we got there, there was MUCH hugging with Brooks' parents (who flew out to meet us) followed immediately by "LET'S GO TO THE BEACH!"
Oh, and then they all opened up cans of pop since pop is kind of a free-for-all while on vacation.
Pop and Boiled Peanuts.
So besides the obvious beach-ing, I've compiled everything else that we did our week there.
The menfolk went golfing....
A. LOT.
My boys couldn't be happier.
(sporting the new BYU hats R.A brought them)
There were some MAJOR Ticket To Ride games going on. I bought the game for the trip and loved that my kids liked playing it as much as I do......well, except when you are LOSING TO YOUR MOM LIKE EMERSON WAS!!!!!
I went to How To Train A Dragon 2 with Grandma and the older 5. Movies are such a BIG deal anyway to my kids but even BIGGER when you are the ONLY ONES THERE!!!!!
Krispy Kreme run with Grandma since she is the QUEEN of Krispy Kreme.
Oh, did I mention there was a TON of golfing?
Which gave the rest of us plenty of time for swimming!
and my personal fav......golf cart rides.
(Any time I could I would sneak away in the golf cart with whoever wanted to go. I just loved the beachy air driving around)
And daily visits to the ducks/geese/swans to feed. This was Kellyn's favorite part. She was so happy there. I just love hearing her excited squeals after she pats me saying "MA!!!" to make sure I see what she sees.
Speaking of feeding, the older kids walked down the beach with RA and Brooks to a pier that was maybe a little under a mile away. It went way out into the ocean and there were a lot of fishermen on the end. As usual, Brooks starts talking with them and the fisherman said, "Hey, watch this..."
Then he threw a fish in the water and a SHARK jumped up and grabbed it.
Let me repeat myself, A SHARK!!!!
They saw TWO of them and told me they had to be around 6-8ft long.
(Bronson said that was the coolest part of the whole trip for him actually)
(*insert shiver up my spine*)
Everly was so spoiled with Grandma.....I'm actually shocked I got a picture without Kellyn all over Grandma though.











3 comments:
Baloo, I would have died if I had seen the sharks...no more swimming past ankle deep water. Glad everyone had a great trip!!!
Oh,this brings back great memories!! And yes, where was that oasis last year!?! I love that there was a big open space for the kids to run around in plus a lizard vs our few feet of space off the busy road with ants everywhere! The trip looks like a total success and perfect vacation. I love how happy everyone looks in all the golf cart pictures. One of these days you and I can go in on one together to entertain our children (and ourselves) for hours on end :) And I'm SO happy we didn't see the sharks less than a mile away last year...as you know what a baby I am about not seeing what's beneath me in the ocean! I sure miss you guys!!
LUCKY. Living the LIFE…….looks like SUCH a great trip!!!!
Yay for your $100 shopping bonus too, I'm going to start pretending that I don't like "fish" too! ;)
Post a Comment