Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Labor Day Weekend

CONTRARY to our usual It's-Labor-Day-therefore-you-must-LABOR attitude in the past I think the kids had a pretty good weekend starting with someone giving us free tickets to the Drive Game (the FARM team of the Boston Red Sox). This was the first time the WHOLE family has gone so I didn't know what to expect (I wasn't expecting much to be honest)


And we DEFINITELY weren't expecting the tickets to be on the front row RIGHT behind home plate!!!!!

 The boys had to test their pitching speeds first though....

I think Bronson had 54 and Emerson 37 or something. There was a huge line so I realized I should refrain from trying and let the kids behind me have a chance....but I wanted to!

 I know it's a baseball game.....but the younger kids were really (ONLY!) into the mascots. Thankfully there are 4
 Plus, the Chick-Fil-A cow.....always a bonus. THUMBS UP!!!
 It's kinda hard to see but you can see Bronson's neon (ALWAYS neon) shirt in the grass outfield....the three boys were waiting there for a home run ball. 
 Little did they know if they sat in our seats that the ballboy would just hand you a foul ball under the net, like they did Royce.
 By the 4th inning they came and sat down with us and all ended up with their own (foul) balls from the ball boys.
This is basically a normal shot of these three at the game.......not a ONE watching the game and only watching the dancing animals shaking their booties.
 Everly and her thumb.........SO SO glad about this because it makes her so content.
Uuuuuuuuuuuunlike KELLYN who didn't like the firework booms when a home run was hit.
 Everly just slept through it. That blessed thumb put her right to sleep in my lap.

 So of course there was golfing on Saturday and Monday but later on in the day we drove up just across the SC/NC border to the best apple-picking orchard with some friends.

I looooooove moments like this when they don't know I'm watching.
 Kellyn just walked around eating apple after apple. I love that cutie.

 They have a petting farm, playground, hayride there too..... Camden found a baby chick hiding under  his mom.
 Kellyn guarding her apple from the sheep.
 It was the most beautiful scenery and drive ever. It's called Sky Top so obvious we were winding up and up to get up there through pure paradise. It was super kid friendly too (obviously, we were there 5 hours!) which helps when you have 13 kids there between our two families. 



A few tips if you go though:
1) according to my kids you MUST buy the apple cider doughnuts
2) according to ME you must get the apple cider slushies
3) and do NOT let you kids just go on a picking spree, because ya know that rule "You pay for what you pick"?......well they enforce that......and.......um.......we had a LOT of apples. *GULP*

2 comments:

Miles said...

A great long weekend with the whole fam! How many times were you asked if all those kids were yours?!?

Linsey said...

Kellyn looks like such a doll at the apple orchard!! I love her little country dress with those blonde pigtails! So cute! I love that in the pictures of Aleeya at the game, she's posing in each one! That was my sis all the way and I was more like Iris with just a huge excited grin!