I haven't been sleeping too much.
Not because of my baby......no sir-ee.....this champ has miraculously started sleeping through the night (9-6:30) at 5 weeks old. I didn't even go through the whole "training" thing. Phew.
The reason I haven't been sleeping as much as I COULD be is because of my other passion..... books.
The day after my parents left I dove into a book my mother gave me about a mom of 8 trying to solve a mystery......(I'm not sure why she would think of ME when she gave me that. :) Since it was summer break, (it's the time of year I enjoy "light reads") and my kids were getting piles of books, I started pulling out some of my books and well...... It's 23 days into summer and I just finished my 10th book.
I know, I have issues.
I read at the gym on lame cardio machines, sometimes while I nurse, during their nap/quiet times but mostly at night in bed. Normally I wouldn't get this much reading done but Brooks has been working nights and isn't home to tell me to "Step away from the book Melissa.....I mean it". I have a reeeeeally hard time putting down a book until I feel some resolve. It's like stopping a movie in the middle to finish it another time. I DON'T THINK SO!!!!
Here's my book list so far starting with the book my mom gave me:
Desperate Measures
Abish
Daniel and Nephi
The Postcard (this is fiction/novel set in the Amish community my friend let me borrow. I loved the clean, faith-based nature of it that I put the sequel on hold. After that the library kept sending me Amish book suggestions and I can't put them down, so the rest of the books on the list are Amish-community-based books. I love the scriptures and I love learning about people that also love them. Fascinating culture. Aaaaaaand I still have 4 more on hold at the library for me. Have I mentioned I have issues?)
The Crossroad
The Memory Jar
A Gift of Grace
A Promise of Hope
Courting Cate
Adoring Addie
And because none of the reading above could be possible without my sleeping beauty, I want to introduce you to the many faces of Everly.
Her YES!-Mom's-eating-chocolate-which-means-in-12-hours-I'll-get-some face
Her sneaky I-am-planning-to-puke-on-Bronson-as-soon-as-he-picks-me-up face
Her no-one-told-me-I-was-being-sent-to-a-family-that-has-a-100%-record-of-getting-thrush face
(well, or her I-vant-to-eat-your-blood face)
And here's her smile she gives me when I think of picking up a book
And Everly wins over the book every time...............every. single. time.







5 comments:
I COMPLETELY sympathize with your issue. I have the same one. I would say I want to change...but I don't, not really. ^_^
All of Everly's faces are adorable! The worst part about college in Utah as a single is that there are no babies in singles' wards.
I have a hard time picking a favorite face!! However, I love the sneaky, ready to puke on Papi face and the thrush face is hilarious, because she looks like she's in shock with those wide eyes! Great pictures and what a sweet little girl!! I wish I was there to experience the faces in person! And I'm glad you have book issues, because I always need a good book to read. The last one recommended to me by my VT had some parts that made me start to blush and end up skipping over 100 pages, going straight to the end for the resolve (that didn't need the middle portion) followed by me calling my mom and Pat and apologizing for recommending the book and begging them not to read it! It wasn't even a romance, I don't read those!! So, all in all I'm happy to hear of good books from someone I know I can trust :)
I love the squished cheeks/chin in the first picture. She seems like she is already getting so big. It's fun to see her little personality!!
I have the same issue. I just cant help myself! Sweet, sweet pics of your baby girl, love them!
So, I looked up the titles of your books while at the library to get some books on CD for our drive out to Utah. I love Beverly Lewis' books! We listened to the Redemption of Sarah Cain. Right now we are on the Annie's people series--The Preachers Daughter, The Englisher, The Brethren. We are on the Englisher right now. So fun. Thanks!
Post a Comment