I guess I thought when Emerson lost his first front tooth during church on Sunday, (he pulled it out and was waving it at Brooks who was passing the sacrament at the time) that SUNDAY would be our "biggest day" of the week.......
turns out I was wrong..............
This week our friends offered a small bike they didn't need anymore. Of COURSE I accepted because we still had the training wheels from another bike that Brooks ran over (the Yeti knows no mercy). Royce was thrilled but I told him Daddy would put the training wheels on when he got home from work. Well, he couldn't wait, so he hopped on the thing and literally taught himself how to ride it. I was sitting inside and looked out the window and saw him go up the neighbors hill-y driveway and used that momentum to start pedaling and away he went.
I really can't even put into words how proud he is of himself and how his smile will NOT leave his face.
I took a video of him too right after I saw him out the window
Since then the kid rarely leaves the bike. He is always asking Bronson or Camden to race, or practicing skidding his brakes. Bronson taught him how to stand up and ride it and also ride one-handed. Great. This kid knows no fear.
First thing he said when he walked out of his room this morning....
"I go outside to ride my bike....Papi (Bronson) race me?" and then he went. I had to BEG him to come in to eat breakfast.
Here's the thing though......IRIS doesn't know how to ride a bike w/o training wheels.
I think when she saw her 3 yr old brother riding around she decided it was time to make herself learn (either that, or the older brother's teasing how her little brother beat her may have something to do with it).
She still rides more tentative then Royce and is actually aware of other people/animals on the road (unlike Royce) but she did it.
6 kids riding bikes out front now.....CRAZY
It's kinda like a Smith parade on our road everyday!!!!
Lucky lucky neighbors.




6 comments:
How fun! I LOVE that perma-smile kids get when they can finally ride a bike. It's a whole new world of freedom.
Way to go Royce!!! I love that big grin...it totally shows how proud he is of his new bike-skills! And what a good example for little Iris (or like you said, bait for teasing from her older brothers)! I love the first picture of Royce on the bike with miss Aleeya standing by watching! And LOVE that sweet picture of Emerson and Everly, you could show that when he baptizes his baptism buddy :)
Royce and Faye would be hilarious racing each other. Two three-year-olds who look way too tiny to be riding bikes without training wheels!
He is adorable!
Look out, world! Royce is loose!
LOVE IT!!! It's so fun when kids start riding without training wheels. One of these Christmases our family picture with be all of us on bikes.
Post a Comment