Last week I decided to clean out our front closet which included all the kids' school stuff and backpacks......ya know because it's only a month and a half after school ended.
Turns out I found a few gems in their backpacks that made me laugh. Emerson's class filled out a favorite memories of school type packet. My favorite paper of his was where he wrote his best accomplishments for the school year down.
"1) the most funiest person in the class
2)the most nices to the teacher
3) the best drawer in the class
4) the smartes in class"
CLEARLY my child isn't lacking in confidence!!!!
The next gem I found was in Camden's backpack. It was an assignment he had done all the way back in November, but since it was voted class-best or something they kept it up in the hall since then. The kids had to write a persuasive letter to their parents about something and we parents had to write a letter back either agreeing with them (being "persuaded") or not agreeing and stating OUR reasons why.
"Dear mom and dad,
I want a camelian. I love reptiles. Reptiles are my favorite animal group. They could camaflouge. So Royce and Iris wont take him. I will buy him food. I will buy him food so you don't need to.
from, Camden"
"To my very persuasive Camden,
Your argument for a chameleon is a good one, especially the part of him being able to hide from the dangerous hands of Iris and Royce. You remember how rough they were with the frogs and snake!!!!
Sadly, as you know, we have a rule in the house of "No sticking your tongue out at mom." While researching chameleons I found out they could have a tongue as long as twice the length of their body!!!! GROSS!!!!
I fear that the chameleon would spend all of his time in time out at our house for constantly sticking out his nasty tongue at me. That would be a very sad life.
As you see, a chameleon would probably be happier in Madagascar then in time out here....... but I still love you.
Love, Mommy"
The next chuckle came from Camden's "I am most proud that I can now....." paper.
"I am mos proud that I can now make more friends I make a lot of friends by being a class clown and goof off. I can now draw more comics in my notebook that I got on Easter."
Wow......he is DEFINITELY his father's child!!!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment