Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Frankenstein

Some kids just ask for it........ya know? Emerson is that kid for us.
He's the only one that has had a cast, major stitches, etc etc.

So it was a Friday night........date night. Babysitter about to come over and all of a sudden I hear this dramatic loud scream/cry Emerson has perfected (whether he stubs his toe or his head is falling off). I slowly walked over to the stairs (more often then not it is NOT over anything) and see Emerson coming up them with blood coming down his face. (He was playing tag and his head hit the corner of the handrail on the stairs)

I will NOT admit which thought came into my mind first but the following were my first two thoughts:
*This BETTER not ruin my date night!!!!
*Is he hurt?
Like I said, I won't say which one popped into my head first so I may appear as a caring mother.

It turned out not being as bad as what the blood was lending me to believe, but still deep enough to probably merit some stitches.

Which is PERFECT because it ALMOST balances out his frankenstein/stitch scar from over his eye when he was 2. (he was so cute)

THANKFULLY Brooks had the materials to numb and then stitch Emerson up before our date!!!
However the numbing shot was NOT and I repeat, NOOOOOOT Emerson's favorite.

Here is a video of AFTER he was numbed and when he thought he needed to get another numbing shot but was mistaken. haha





The whole family gathered around to watch. 
Here is a picture after the numbing medicine kicked in.......obviously (and those are NOT tears on the ground, it's the hydrogen peroxide)

This video made me laugh because although Brooks has done plenty of stitching, I don't think he's ever done some with this environment going on around him. (The screaming in the video is NOT Emerson, it's Iris)


The finished product.
Stitches.......it is SERIOUS stuff.
And in case anyone cares (or is it just me?) this incident did NOT hinder my date night (that I needed so desperately) and it went on as planned.
Oh, and Emerson is fine too.....maybe I should mention that.

5 comments:

Niederfam said...

AHHHHHH!!!! I amy have thoughts the SAME thing first too!!! Don't worry! ;)

Glad everyone survived! Poor "Frankenstein"

cathgrace said...

it is super handy having a Dr in the house!!! Poor guy!

hughesfamily said...

"Kellyn, put the bloody q-tip away."

I love your family so much. Seriously, awesome.

Linsey said...

Ouch, that first picture really shows how deep that cut was! I'm with Emerbop, the numbing is the worst!! Although, I still laughed at his reaction to thinking he was getting another shot! I for one am SUPER glad you still got your date night :)

gloverfamily said...

This is awesome. Thankful date night went ok!! And, Emerson is ok, too!!