Thursday, February 13, 2014

Basketball

Bronson and Camden played together at the YMCA for basketball this year and it ended 2 weeks ago. Bummer. 
Aren't they cute?

We thought Brooks was going to be coaching (he didn't) so we had Camden play up in the 10-11 year old league......Camden is 9......and skinny......and white. Which made him stick out all the more. But he really made his presence known towards the end of the season especially.
Let me explain.....Camden is fearless and the first game he body-checked a few people then told us after he "couldn't BELIEVE" they called 4 fouls on him!!! (He may have been playing for a total of 5 minutes that game?)
BUT, towards the end of the season he was a defensive champ. I called him "The Gnat".
He really was fearless. So in this foulshot (blurry) picture you can see Camden on the side of the key next to someone who probably already went through puberty. 
 There were a few times Camden was guarding that guy and he was The Gnat.....the little thing that was constantly in that guy's face just a driving him nuts. It was hilarious.

Sorry, all these pictures are blurry but the bleachers are up on the next level and I took them with a phone. But here Camden is going after a rebound with Bronson getting the other team guy out of the way.
 Bronson, not surprisingly, was usually playing most of the game and ended up getting most of his steals just waiting for the other team to cross the half court line. Papi lives for basketball.
 And JUST in case you don't know where he is......the neon shirt helps to locate him. ;)
We don't LOVE the YMCA league just because the level of playing isn't as challenging and sometimes the teams are too big but can I just tell you, I LOVE how I can take Iris, Royce and Kellyn to their childcare (since we are members there) and go downstairs and watch the game with the older kids. It's almost like I get to watch a whole game or something........totally new feeling for me.

3 comments:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

That is great that they have a place you can take the younger kids and then go and watch the game! How fun! Love that Camden was the gnat! Did you get some snow and ice? We are enjoying over a foot of snow here...and no school!

McKenna said...

Meliss! I'm so behind on your blog...and my blog...and everyone's blogs, really. Sorry, I'm terrible. Your kids are looking so cute though. Gads, I don't know how you do all the things you do. I feel like I'm barely getting by with my four, the crazy little things.
I hope you and baby Daizhannah are doing well and feeling good :)

hughesfamily said...

I love the fearlessness!!! Your blog posts on your boys and sports are always fun to read.

Childcare at the Y! Genius.