Tuesday, February 25, 2014

"I Guess It's a Girl Thing"

I didn't realize how complicated girls are.....because I AM one, and it's my "normal".
Then I HAVE girls and I realize how complicated and up and down they can be from the outside perspective!!!! It all actually makes me want to be more "steady"? or is there a better word?
I don't know.

Anyway, last Saturday Brooks had an obligation with the youth (12-18 yrs old) at our church that he needed to be to. He is heavily involved with the youth and multiple nights of the week involved with them. I realize how lucky I am to be married to a man who understands the importance of kid/parent time as well. He is ALWAYS taking a child or children with him to youth things whether it be the boys to a wrestling match/bball game that one of the youth are in, or Bronson to the youth's basketball practice (Brooks is their "coach") and most recently, Aleeya to the dance. (Brooks was chaperoning-ish, I guess)

Yes, a DANCE!!!! 
Last Saturday he was out of town for work and got home right before the activity. Aleeya had NO idea when dad called her over that he was about to ask her out. 
He said, "Aleeya, would you like to go on a DATE with me tonight?"
Of COURSE she squealed (she gets so excited over dates with him......not as much as I do though)
Then he said, "How about I take you to a DANCE tonight?"
The level of squealage was intense, spontaneous and filled to the brim with excitement.

I told her she may want to dress in a skirt or dress or something.
While she was gone changing one of the young men at our house waiting to go to the activity was commenting on how excited Aleeya was and how it probably gave Brooks a huge head!

Well, Aleeya comes out ALL decked out in her Cinderella dress, sparkly blue shoes, sparkly headband and topped off with the biggest smile ever.
Here they are before heading out to their dance date

(she asked me to cut off the Cinderella button on the front because she didn't want people calling her Cinderella and how she was her "OWN princess", not just Cinderella. Well, THAT'S a given! Make way for Princess Aleeya!!!!)

After they left I couldn't help but smile thinking of how Aleeya was having the time of her life, using that little elastic band on the side of her dress she she could pull it up and dance, and smiling at everyone using her ULTRA southern sounding "Yes Ma'am" that charms everyone, eating refreshments, spinning around and giggling through every dip from Daddy.

I texted Brooks and asked how it was going. This is the response, "It's been a disaster. I have pics."
I asked why because I was TRULY shocked and got this,
"I guess it's a girl thing. I don't know. You'll have to teach me about this."
Apparently she would NOT dance with Brooks (or any other young man that walked up and asked). She did NOT dance a single song......and Brooks KEPT asking! She sat on the side......sulking/pouting.....pick your word.
NO explanation. Nothing odd had happened, nothing was said to provoke this (according to Brooks). The young man at our house before was JUST as confused as Brooks was because he saw with his OWN EYES how excited she was to go!

It's a girl thing, I guess.

When they got home I asked Aleeya how the date was and she said 
"It was SO wonderful! And they had yummy food."
Me: "Was it the best date ever?"
"YES!!!!"




11 comments:

AnnMarie said...

Hahahaha I LOVE IT! She's too little to be awash with confusing hormones, but I guess girls don't need them to still be totally confusing...?

My favorite part is that she still said it was the best date ever. This will be a fun family story to tell when she goes to prom. ^_^

Garett and Rachel said...

That by far was the best story ever!!

Miles said...

Im with Brooks.. Girls confuse me! I was meant to be a mommy to boys! Im so glad he took pics; theyre so funny. Then she said it was the best date ever, bahahahaha!

Suzanne said...

So, WHAT HAPPENED?!? Was she just scared & nervous?

At least I usually have a REASON! ;)

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Ahhh...love it. How funny! I would have been puzzled too!

Linsey said...

Oh my goodness, bless her heart and yours and Brooks' and all the baffled boys who asked her to dance! What a sad/puzzling picture that is of little Aleeya looking so lonely on her chair!!! Daddy daughter dates are the best! I wonder if you'll ever find out what happened?

Linsey said...

By the way, as high maintenance as my little girly girl is...Aleeya may end up with some company on those chairs! Any pointers as you figure it out will be gladly accepted :)

hughesfamily said...

I am cracking up!!!!! The pictures are hilarious. Girls. Sigh.

Babelicious said...

I laughed when I read this because it something that my BOYS would do...especially Luke!! Hopefully she's tough with the boys like that when she's a teenager.

gloverfamily said...

I love all of your posts, but this might be the best ever.

Niederfam said...

Oh my goodness, this kills me!!!! At least she SAYS she had fun….you never know, do you?? HA.