Saturday, October 5, 2013

ONE!

Just like the title of this blogpost suggests......
THIS little girl turned ONE today!!!!! (how yummy is she?!?!)
As Camden said, "SHE'S WAITED 365 DAYS FOR THIS DAY!!!!"......so what did she do to celebrate?
Well, she ate boiled peanuts with everyone while we watched General Conference 
.

Others of "us" watch Conference like this......


 It was a year ago today that I was actually watching General Conference in the hospital snuggling my newborn. Wow, such a piece of heavenly memories.

The cake......believe it or not, I whittled down HALF of these pictures, but I just love the cake-eating progression pictures and she is so expressive, so here ya go.
She wasn't so sure about the candle.

 Note: I haven't had a child really dig into their cake (and like it) since Bronson.
The first bite.
 Thinking it through......
 "Whoa, I think I REALLY like this!"



 FAVORITE PICTURE ALERT!!!!! She is clapping here but that's not why I love it, it's the perfect view of her ski-jump nose that I love so much.


I think it's safe to say she liked it.
And since she DIDN'T get enough sugar from her cake, she begged from everyone for bites from their shaved ice.
 And I had to throw this in from today. She usually ALWAYS prefers me, but today she would be on my lap and kept reaching for Camden. He tried to give her back and she would just latch onto him. Poor guy his arms kept getting tired. Such a good brother.

Happy Birthday to our number seven-heaven little angel face.

Favorite food: milk and chocolate chips. (milk chocolate chips mind you.....like her mama) And  so the world won't think she just eats sugar/black licorice/cupcakes and chocolate chips I guess I better list that she like yogurt, bananas and pizza crust too. There, I feel better.

My favorite thing she does is scrunch up her nose and squints her eyes and start breathing in and out really fast. It makes me giggle and the whole family loves it. (Emerson actually did it around this age all the time too!) In fact we just happened to catch it on video today. She would only do it twice in the video, but it's my favorite.




LEAST favorite thing to do is hold still (except in the morning and she's a snuggler).
We love our little Miss Kellyn Pat.

6 comments:

hughesfamily said...

It seemed like you hadn't posted in a while, and I was feeling like a stalker all of the time... Then, we get 5 or 6 posts almost all at once! Yay!!

The beach trip looks awesome and epic and perfect in every way. Although, my main thought through all of them was: Aleeya looks so much like Melissa. That, and "I wish I was there with them." Seriously.

Kellyn is ADORABLE. You make the cutest kids. I don't blame you for having 7, because how could you keep so much cuteness out of the world? I remember when you first found out about Kellyn! I saw the pregnancy test because we were over there playing.

Royce looks like a grown up!

You never look homeless. You are gorgeous. Crazy. But, lily and I are also partial to the homeless look, so I understand.

Happy birthday Kellyn!

Linsey said...

How sweet! I wish we were there to celebrate with her and give her a big hug (which is more selfish, because who wouldn't love one of the arms around you, big hugs from Kellyn!!) You got great cupcake eating pictures...I love how she's really digging in and loving it! The last few seconds of the video with the camera zoomed in on her little scrunched up nose are AWESOME!! What a perfect little girl! Love you Miss Kellyn!

Nikki said...

Glad she had a happy birthday! And I am so glad we got to meet the little sweetie before we left the East Coast!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

The picture of Kellyn and Camden is so cute! Happy Birthday Kellyn! Wow, can't believe she's one!

Ty & Andi said...

so the first pic kinda looks like they're eating dog food.
i LOVE the video and the beach trip tales!
i miss seeing you and your family--and my kids REALLY miss yours!
i am working on catching up with you on my blog...i am getting soo close to caught up. any day now...

Babelicious said...

Happy Birthday cute Kellyn!! She looks really proud of herself for eating that cupcake!