Sunday, October 20, 2013

6 years

Aleeya Beeya turned 6 on Thursday!!!!
Here she is listening to her grandparents all the way from Brazil calling to sing Happy Birthday while Grampy plays on the piano. To be honest, it's the thing I look most forward to on my birthday. Nothing like Grampy tickling the ivories and going crazy on his rendition of Happy Birthday.

On her actual birthday she didn't have school for Fall Break but she and I headed over to her classroom for her parent/teacher conference. 

We had her birthday party scheduled for Saturday. It was a crazier week so I didn't really get around to doing her pinata. She mentioned she just wanted a big ball before so I didn't think there was any rush. Then the day before she settled on a purse pinata. Which is a one day project too, so no biggie. THEN we saw an ice cream cone one online from a link a friend sent me, and I looked at it and thought, "Seriously? That's a ball and some posterboard!!! Talk about an easy design!"
Aleeya was hooked on the idea so ice cream cone, it was.
(but let me have it written in the Books of Eternity that I will NEVER voluntarily do the tissue paper twisty things again for a pinata. I thought it would be a "great" idea and it turned out it was a "great idea" that was an extra 6 hours (maybe more but after midnight you stop counting) of twisting tissue paper. I. KID. YOU. NOT. So painting pinatas from now is the name of the game. But seriously, I was SO pleased with it just because SHE was so pleased to have her rainbow sherbet ice cream cone.)


 She wanted the icecream sandwich cake and made SURE I didn't forget a cake topper. When I saw this Rupunzel dollhead at Goodwill a few months back I knew it would be perfect. Sure her hair was a ratted mess (hello "TANGLED"!!!) but I could just throw fabic softener/conditioner/whatever tricks the internet has in it and call it good......right?
Turns out none of it worked. The morning OF the party I was trying and trying to untangle her hair and it didn't work, so Rapunzel had a haircut.
I threw her on top of the cake to put it BACK in the freezer and apparently her hair was still wet from her "shower"/hair cut that morning. Her hair froze in this funky position. haha. Aleeya LOVED it though. She just was so proud of it.


 Here are the 3 friends that could come, Aleeya and Mullet-head posing with their princess drinks.
 Opening presents. With most kids you have to coax your kid to act grateful or say thank you, etc. With Aleeya she just was squealing with delight over each gift and saying, "thank you thank you, this is the best EVER!" She's something else.

Whackin' the pinata. Iris' face is so funny.
 Aleeya also knows how to throw her weight into every hit, like a real Smith kid.
 The loot inside.
Where are the boys you ask?
Well, Brooks took Bronson, Camden, Emerson and Royce over to his clinic to eat their treat bags, hang out and play with the wheelchairs. I realize it doesn't sound like fun, but I guess they loved it.

Happy 6th sweet, endearing, energetic and sensitive-yet-tough-as-nails little girl.

4 comments:

Babelicious said...

Happy Birthday Aleeya! That ice cream cone piñata takes me back to my elementary days. I swear every art project we did involved the twisty tissue paper thing. I laughed at the wheel chair thing. My kids come into my dads office and head straight for the wheel chair. Also, Aleeya's smile in the first picture is priceless!!

Adriana said...

I had Aleeya's birthday marked down on our calendar and everything and even the night before I told Gabe that Aleeya's birthday was the next day and how we had to facetime her and of course the day of I completely forgot and didn't look at the calendar. Gabe had that Monday off and when that happens I completely lose track of the days so that Thrusday I spent the whole day thinking it was Wednesday and even missed a Relief Society activity that night. I'm a mess.

Aleeya's smile gets better everytime. You can totally tell she is genuinely happy and beyond excited! The pinata turned out amazing and I love how colorful it is. Everything turned out perfect for her party even Rapunzel's hair all frozen like that. I just wish I could have been there to dig into the cake! And I couldn't help but notice how pink was everywhere, even you where wearing it! A true princess party.

Linsey said...

Oh, I LOVE how when Aleeya smiles she really couldn't look any more happy and excited!! What a sweet girl! We wish we could have come to celebrate with her and wish I hadn't dropped that ball on calling the day of :) Sorry to hear your phone is dead! We tried to call yesterday too, but Brooks told us we wouldn't reach you/Aleeya. I love the piñata! That is so cute and I think the 6 hours of tissue rolling paid off for that big grin!! I love how excited Iris looks during the party too! Love you Aleeya!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Love the pinata! The cake topper is awesome. Playing with wheelchairs at the hospital sounds kind of fun...ha ha...