Here he is admiring his brownie/ice cream and MOST importantly, the 2 fire sticks sitting on top!
We sat there for a while coaching him on how to blow them out........he ended up doing it his way and just spitting them out.
He LOVED the hoop we got him. So let's count here. One hoop in the driveway, one on the back of my front door and one Royce's height in his room. :)
I wasn't sure what to do for his pinata or if I even felt up to doing one (as if Royce cares). Then the kids told me that THEY all got one when they turned two. So I started thinking on what he likes and what would be easy. Airplane came to mind and I figured in my head how to make it. Then I told the kids my idea and they said, "He likes a LOT more things more then airplanes!" (did that even make sense?!?)
I asked, "Like what?"
Then one of the boys said, "Royce's FAVORITE thing in the whole world is his blankey and thumb. But right after that, he likes suckers. So make him a sucker one."
YES!!!! That WOULD be the easiest pinata known to man. So I grabbed a wrapping paper roll and ONE balloon, paper machey-ed (sp?) only one layer (come on! He's 2!!!) and let it dry. Talk about EASY!
Then the day of, I wrapped it up and drew on the sucker wrapper.
Don't let this next picture fool you, he actually was OBSESSED with the pinata and loved it.
He loved it so much he didn't want anyone else to whack it!
(Look at all of them just WAITING for their loot,
which consisted mostly of.....you guessed it.....suckers!)
He's kinda a pinata whacking pro. He was in heaven actually getting PERMISSION to whack something with his bat. That NEVER happens! :)
But as much as he loves suckers, the boys were right......
he likes his thumb and blankey much more.
And I love it too.......because he's STILL my baby boy!









5 comments:
When do I get to be adopted by you?
Also, I think Royce needs to be in a Gap or Gymboree ad. Adorable!
It's hard to believe he's 2, I feel like your post about his first birthday (and not being pregnant yet) were just yesterday! Happy birthday sweet boy!
yeah, in order to post a picture of your whole family...you have to TAKE a picture of your whole family. We have not been so successful at that. Our kids are terrible picture takers.
where does Royce sleep? It looks like a closet or maybe a Landry shoot or something
I love little Royce's smile!! and that brownie and ice cream is my ideal birthday cake too (but with hot fuge over it)!!!!!!! I use to have those all the time! Ok, so what is wrong with Brooks' face in the pi~ata pictures? He looks freaky!!! Jajajjaja! And is your baby boy sleeping on the play yard? I like it, I like it.
Post a Comment