Monday, December 31, 2012

Winston

Brooks actually had a Saturday AND Sunday off (miracles never cease, I tell ya), so I convinced him to do a quick trip back to Winston Salem. Of course, I just wanted to go back and see friends, but Brooks also wanted to do some trimming on some trees in the house we still own there.

While he was doing that, I ran over to my friends, The Cunninghams, and gave them our dog Sally. (don't ask). Then we went out to eat at some pizza place. We ordered a TON of pizza (because the kiddos like to snack on pizza at the hotel, etc.) and put it in a to-go box after we ate. 
There was this homeless guy that came walking in (we were the only customers there) and started up a conversation w/ Royce......who doesn't even say one word......he just grunts randomly and says "Nah". So you can IMAGINE how well that conversation went.....
Anyway, Brooks asked the guy if he wanted a slice or two of pizza because he looked hungry and opened the box. Next thing we know the guy has the whole box and he's walking out the door. hahahaha
Apparently he thought Brooks was offering the WHOLE box to the guy. That was a tricky one to explain to Emerson as to why he didn't have extra pizza in the hotel (yet also a teaching moment too). We laughed about it pretty hard though.

We went over to the Hibbetts SUPER late that night...........or should I say "Mrs. and Santa Clause!!!" Holy cow, they got each of the kiddos a HUGE gift.
 Guessed w/ the girls REALLY well by giving twin babies and a bathing baby.
 Royce, who is too excited to hold still over his truck.
 Here's Emerson w/ his helicopter that Royce was trying to snatch. Notice Bronson wandering around behind trying to find all the bullets from his nerf gun he just got.
 Camden got this remote control truck that wouldn't work.....so the Hibbetts pulled out a BIGGER remote control four-wheeling guy and gave to him instead. Camden said....and I quote...."This hit the spot". hahaha
He wanted a remote control something so bad, but Santa and I had no idea until oh....2 days before Christmas. So THANKS to the Hibbetts, he got one.

I LOVED going to church and seeing my old friends. We also got to hang out at my friend's house after. And according to Bronson, I guess Andrea COOKS better then I do too.  :) Nice.
What a fun and SUPER quick trip.

1 comment:

Gabe said...

nice blurry pictures melis