I am a new woman. A new mom. A better wife. A more productive person.
All because of ONE small change..........
A FIXED AIR CONDITIONER!!!!!!!
Ever since we moved here it worked-ish, but I could never really get it below 79. We came back from the beach and prepared for all the 100+ degree days and my house just heated right up. The A/C was "running" for over 15 hours straight one night and we couldn't get it below 82. (Seriously my utilities bill is going to be outrageous!) It felt like a light blowing coming out of the vent.......like if IRIS WAS BLOWING!
We had called and emailed our landlord and finally a week and a half later the A/C guy came and told us our AC was shot.
YA THINK?!?!?!?
(Side note: infact, when I went to email the landlord in our burning up house, Brooks called from the other room, "DON'T SEND AN EMAIL NOW!!!" He was worried I would be too mean.....and I would've been. So Brooks wrote it for me and I tweaked it........for urgency purposes)
I was soooo irritable, no one could sit by me, my pregnant legs felt like jell-o and I could only do laundry in the middle of the night so the dryer didn't heat up my house. I sat down a LOT!!!!
When the AC guys were here they worked for 7 hours. Then left.........WITH THE UNIT. They were missing one part so they were going to come back the next day. I didn't even have a unit to try to get my house down to 82!!!! (thanks to the fans my neighbors gave us). When the thermostat (which I think is broken and not accurate) said 88 I decided it was time to go muster up what little energy I had to get the kids ready and we would spend all day away. In the library, YMCA, WHEREVER w/ an AC (although the Yeti's AC gave out while we were driving. Cute huh)
I know what you're thinking, open up some windows or doors right to at least get some ventilation. Funny you should mention that because all the windows are painted shut except one in the girls room and one that Royce broke up in the boys room. So even a cross breeze was out of the question.
2nd day and at 5:30 pm the guys came back and temporarily saved the day. A new unit is in but in a few weeks they're going to come make the ductwork a tad more efficient. The good news is, I'm sitting here in a cooled house, with my nice-mommy/wife face on and some actually layered clothes.
Who knew my mood was sooooooo dependent on my temperature. ;)
However I think I'll still put my pillow in the freezer everyday anyway though...... (thank goodness I won't have to put my sheets in there too anymore like I did for a week straight)
I forgot how much I liked that. I used to stick my pillow in the freezer all the time when I was a little girl.
And don't judge until you've tried it.......then again you probably won't go back after. It's amazing.

1 comment:
I think your ticket to heaven should be handed to ya for enduring that. I am a monster when I'm hot.. What a nightmare. Intersted in this pillow in the freezer thing, tho!
Post a Comment