I find it ironic that my lactose-intolerant husband's favorite restaurant is called Cheddars.
During medical school in Johnson City, TN (4 YEARS AGO!) there was a Cheddars. We happened to go there (and wait their long wait!) because we heard they were voted the best chicken sandwich in the area......which is Brooks' favorite. Let's just say we were NOT disappointed. Then we went 4 years w/o Cheddars. (I know, our life is pitiful)
Well, this week we JUST found out they have a Cheddars here. When the Gassers got back to pick up their kids they told us they were staying w/ all of them while Brooks and I went out. That was so sweet because we haven't been out on a date since February (GASP!!!!). Okay, okay, we went to Brazil for a week just the two of us, but besides that, no date. Not because we didn't have a babysitter, I just never felt well enough during the first part of pregnancy, then the move, and tons of events, baseball games, etc. It's quite unusual for a couple that goes out at LEAST 2 times a month.
Anyway, let's just say it was well overdue, and I didn't realize how much I needed that. However, not as much as I needed THIS BAD BOY.........
This is Cheddar's Monster Cookie Dessert!!!!!
When we eat there, I always order an appetizer for my meal (w/ a strawberry lemonade w/ chunks of strawberries in it, of course) to save room for this bit of heaven crammed onto one skillet. Come on people, this is a HOMEMADE cookie (cooked on the skillet) w/ real ice cream and homemade fudge sauce. The cookie is huge and bigger then Royce's head, but that did NOT stop me from downing it.
Why they brought out two spoons is beyond me!!!!!!! ;)
Then again, I AM "eating for two", right?

1 comment:
Cheddars doesn't advertise at all but I'm totally thinking they should pay you because I'm really salivating looking at that cookie! I've never been there but I see it in my near future :)
Post a Comment