I don't know WHAT it is about patriotic desserts, but for some reason I can never get them right the first time...............you know, for example, my last year FAIL of a Jello flag?
THIS year, since I was going to be traveling a little in the car, I couldn't bring anything that couldn't stand being out for a while. And the brilliant idea of the EASIEST kid dessert of all came to mind.........Rice Krispy treats (but in my defense I've only made these like 3 times in my whole entire life). On my patriotic plate, it would be a GREAT idea to have some BLUE rice krispies and some RED ones, right?
The kids came in the kitchen and said, "Why are you making green and pink rice krispies?"
AH!!!! Oh well, because regardless of the color they WERE the first dessert to be eaten all up. So take THAT Brooks (who really thinks I suffer from a little bit of color blindness).
Earlier that day though we went to a fun pancake breakfast at our church and bike parade to celebrate my FAVORITE holiday EVER EVER EVER...........Independence Day!!!!!!!!
Seriously, aren't they cute?
In the afternoon I loaded up the 4 older ones and drove back to Winston Salem (with pink and green rice krispies) to our favorite July 4th party that we've been going to 5 years in a row now. I think it would've killed me to sit at home (with no A/C) and not go to it this year. Let's just say it was TOTALLY worth the drive.
And let me say something else, GIRLS CLOTHES ARE SO MUCH EASIER TO SHARE!!!! You see Iris wears this dress in the morning and in the afternoon, Aleeya has a shirt to put leggings with! Talk about the dress that keeps giving!
I was hesitant to take Aleeya because she's scared of the "pop noise" of the fireworks (she is NOT my child and considering her Grampy started/owned a fireworks company....... it's borderline blasphemous). Of all my kids, she's the worst when it comes to this. But she did GREAT w/ the sparklers.
I'm pretty sure I didn't watch my 4 kids the whole time (which at this house is AWESOME w/ so many activities and food, there's no worries)........I just enjoyed getting together w/ some of my close friends. I have the best friends there.
Getting ready for fireworks w/ some of our friends.....
And even though Aleeya started out like THIS:
there was no crying or hiding and later she even uncovered her ears, smiled and proclaimed she loves fireworks.
Now THAT'S my girl.













3 comments:
Your pictures are the BEST!! I love the one of B with the sparkler and the one with all the kiddos on the stairs; it's just cuteness to the MAX. You look so good. I can't even tell you're pregnant in that pic of you with your amigas.
Your family is adorable. Totally and completely adorable. And you are so tiny! I love that you blog so often.
So fun you got to see your friends! How fun. Love the cute pictures of your kids!
Post a Comment