After a long day of the kids doing chores and cleaning and organizing w/ me around the house I told them I would take 'em to a city waterpark in the afternoon. This is BEFORE we jumped in....Camden was still pretty exhausted (afterall, he DID have to stab half of our teeny front yard w/ a knife to aerate for me so I could put down grass seed. hahaha), Aleeya and Emerson are SUPER pumped (because this is BEFORE they found out they needed an adult w/ them to ride the waterslides) and Iris is a little nervous about the whole water thing.
I mostly just stayed by the side w/ Iris and Royce who weren't into getting super soaked and didn't want to get in the water. (GOOD THING I DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY FOR THOSE TWO!!!!). She did venture up that play structure w/ me and Royce a few times only to cry and have me rescue her.
Next time, I think the younger two will stay home and Brooks or myself will take the other 4 back. Obviously I didn't have that option today, but they all still said they had a great time anyway and can't WAIT to go back (Sorry Iris, you will NOT be going back, regardless of HOW cute you looked in that life jacket!!!!)
When we got home we walked down to a local peach farmer's stand to sample some good ol' South Carolinian peaches. I love fruit stands. Plus, the guy said we can come by every Saturday evening and he'll give us all the ones w/ a bruise on them for free (obviously you just cut that part out).......that was AFTER I told him I was pregnant w/ my 7th. Hey, I'll take his generosity/pity ANY day for peaches!
And what BETTER place to eat them then in front of my newly planted flowers by our neighbor's ghetto truck covering?! But I still love her cute face.
3 comments:
I think I'm gonna have to stop reading your blog. I feel like a lazy coward because I'm too scared to venture out in public solo with the kids. And, really? You're already planting flowers?!?! Where do you get your energy. I need some ASAP.
Aleeyah's face in the peach picture makes me so happy. She is so genuine and full of joy! And, absolutely let that man give you free peaches! Love it. People just want to help you because you are so adorable.
Also, thank you for the shout out. :) you are so sweet. I am embarrassed at how easy it is... Literally ten seconds to email the pics. No thanks needed! I am happy to see new blog posts!
Oh! Love how the swim pic captures your kids different personalities! Fun.
I felt so sick reading about the state that you found your rental in! I have a serious problem with roaches of all kinds and would have had a huge mental breakdown upon seeing the house. So, you may have felt week, but I guarantee that you were stronger than I would have been. I would have been especially ticked since you stayed up all night to paint and clean for your new tenants.
I am glad that there is so much to do there and glad that the house is habitable now. :)
When did you find time to plant flowers in the midst of all this craziness?!
Post a Comment