Sunday, May 13, 2012

"I'm Belle"

"I'm Belle" is the quote I hear from Iris all to often..........but on her (early) birthday party this week, it was actually the truth. She REALLY. THOUGHT. SHE. WAS. BELLE. (thanks to a borrowed dress-up from Gracie). I can't get enough of Iris' face in this picture!!! She's so happy.
I walked down the pinata aisle in Walmart and saw a princess castle pinata, and the FIRST thing I thought was, "That looks the EXACT shape as oatmeal canisters!". (seriously, I'm a pinata nerd and need therapy) So I went home and made a princess castle pinata. Since I knew 3 year olds couldn't whack through cardboard, I made a trapdoor on the bottom w/ the strings (you know the one-string-opens-up-the-goods thing). The princesses all loved giggling after their string wasn't the right one. 

Everyone dressed up like princesses and ran around and played. It was precious.


 And climbed trees.......
 Then we did cake and icecream. THESE TWO (Mallory and Iris) are trouble together and I found them constantly snitching on the food. hahaha. Notice the "Mexican Fish" pinata in the back I had to make last week as well for a church party thing. Looks so out of place w/ the princess stuff everywhere.
 I love this picture w/ Iris' little cheek all ready to blow and their cute princess coloring pages in the back.
 Not the best picture, but everyone I took Iris is looking around at her friends and smiling like, "I'm so lucky to be surrounded by my favorite people." She was having the time of her life.
 Playing w/ new princess toys and changing Ariel a gazillion times. Wait, THEY didn't change the dolls, I HAD TO!!!!! EVERY. TIME!!!
Okay, this last picture REALLY stinks, but they all loved their "mermaid" hair and really got into character...........but the best part is Royce. He woke up from his nap to all these princesses. He had NO clue what hit him.

Although Iris isn't officially 3 until June 2nd, she thinks she's three now..........and will adamantly stand her ground about it. So let's just all pretend she's three or not even bring it up to her, deal?
Dear, dear, Iris..........I mean "Belle"........what would we do without her?





4 comments:

gloverfamily said...

that pic of Royce is hilarious!! Love the pinatas!

Gabe said...

looks like aleeya is showing to much cleve...

hughesfamily said...

I am so sad we couldn't come! It looks like so much fun.

Royce's face is hilarious.

MOFinancial said...

Iris is the least Smith-like of your bunch. How did that happen with 5 other look-alikes? She looks nothing like the rest of you! And so loveable and cute! Of course... people always say that about Iyov too which is a farce on his part. Anyway, happy birthday to the little un-Smith!