When I was in Brazil, Brooks' Mom, Pat came to stay w/ the kiddos. WITHOUT A DOUBT every day while I was in Brazil I looked forward to getting her emails about the kids the most (phone connection was delayed and weird). I never asked, but I'm hoping it's okay, I took snipets from her emails of different.......eh-hem, "experiences" she had the kids. Most of them made me laugh so hard. I could just picture them all happening. (pictures, courtesy of Linsey, THANKS!)
."I now know why I only had boys...the drama of girls is more than a normal sane person can take! Iris and Aleeya.....but, I don't have to go pee; I can do it by myself; whudjasay, whudjasay, whatjasay????; I don't want to wear that; I want my mommy; no I don't want to go to bed; my last name is NOT Smith; I don't want to wear those shoes; I don't want to eat that; I don't like the way you did my hair; I can still do it by myself.; I don't want to go to sleep and the best yet...I did not leave that wrapper on the floor! Royce did!
I just have to throw up my arms and say WHATEVER. "
"Today was eventful because it was the first time I ventured out in a car. I drove the girls to dance but not until there was weeping and wailing about what to wear. Aleeya was fine, but Iris didn't like anything presented to her, so I MADE her wear the little purple one piece. I didn't even bother mentioning wearing shoes because I just didn't have any stamina left."
" I also had no idea he (Royce) could scream like a girl."
" Driving the Yeti was a new experience too. Just getting out of the driveway posed a problem. I hit the basketball hoop (nothing damaged) so I had to pull forward and started over again. The boys guided me down the hill and away we went. I felt like the frizzy haired teacher in the Magic School Bus books."
"The boys have been really good and do whatever I ask them to. They're growing up soooo fast. They seem a lot older than they really are. Emerson seems so much older than the kids his age at my school.
I think Brooks was quizzing Bronson about how much wii he was playing and this is all I'm going to say.....it's their Spring Break and I want them to have fun and not be bored with an old grandma. Reality will slam them soon enough when next week comes and the wii is long gone. They've been having so much fun beating each other in bowling or baseball or whatever and it's fun to hear them laughing and cheering. Even Emerson hasn't had a meltdown over loosing. The card game I brought almost causes a riot whenever they play that, so I did take that away. "
"Let's see...what did Iris do today? She got into something in the bathroom and when I said "no Iris", she ran to the loveseat and curled up in the corner with her head buried. then after a little while I heard her talking to herself and being all happy again. "
"The kids were soooo excited over their (easter) baskets. They ate candy for breakfast, so I didn't even have to cook. Then Linsey and Bug took them to the hunt at the church. Bronson REALLY didn't want to go, so he stayed home with me and Royce and Iris. He's out shooting hoops now. He lives for that uh? "
(My note: Camden was SUPPOSED to only get 8 eggs.......BUSTED!!!!)
"I let them stay up late and watch the final basketball game. We pushed the love seat in front of the computer and popped popcorn. It didn't even start until 9 something. The girls were in bed, but when Aleeya smelled popcorn, she was up and at it. Anyway, Camden went to bed around 10; Emerson fell asleep around 10:30 and Bronson watched the whole thing. He really loves his b-ball. Just like his dad. "
I THINK IT'S SAFE TO SAY, we couldn't be MORE GRATEFUL for Pat, who is the best Grandma! The kids all wanted her to stay another week.



.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
4 comments:
Ha ha ha...I love the part "the kids had candy for breakfast. I didn't even have to cook". SO FUNNY! My kids have had candy for a meal before too and I love that it didn't even phase your mother-in-law. I am definitely going to have to do the same with my grandkids!
SO cute. Sounds like a great week with Grandma. I bet she napped every day when she got home. ;)
Oh my! You are blessed to have such a fantastic grandma!
She seems awesome! I love her honesty and humor. Your kids are hilarious.
Also....maybe I need a boy? The girl drama is ridiculous. Do boys not whine/argue/tantrum over clothes and everything else? I want a boy! :) but your girls sure are cute.
Post a Comment