Emerson's 6th birthday was FINALLY celebrated. ;) He turned 6 last on the 14th, but that was so soon after I got home from Brazil, making a pinata wasn't high on my priority list. This little man was so patient.
And since my camera is broken (dropped it while in Brazil), my awesome friend Allison let me use this fancy shmancy one..........coveting feelings were NOT easy to suppress.
I let Emerson pick the order of events.....and SURPRISINGLY this kid wanted to open up presents first. ;)
However most of my pictures looked like this. All the presents were pretty popular.
Then this boy party (w/ Aleeya and Iris) ate hot dogs, cheetos and Caffeine-free Dr. Pepper (can you tell who picked the menu?)
Since I never let the kids decorate food much, I just baked some cupcakes, frosted them and let Emerson decorate them all. He was SO excited. I should've taken a close-up picture of them, they are literally piled high with gummy worms and sprinkles. But I just love the look on his face in this picture.
He wanted a "Black widow" pinata. So that's what he got. He painted it all black too and loved EVERY second. (I think that's the best part for my kids' parties is seeing the progress of their pinata in the kitchen over the 4-ish days it takes to make......or me getting up the energy to make. They wake up so excited to see what new has been added to the pinata. It's the anticipation before their birthday!!!)
Thankfully he didn't complain about the girly ribbon I used to hang it up, but Brooks was gone and I couldn't find the good sting.
The kids just WAITING to pounce right before it all spills out.
After all the candy was snatched up, Royce realized a little too late what was going on and just kept standing in front of people begging. Look at that sweet face and blue eyes.
He usually got what he wanted too.
As I've mentioned before, if you don't know Emerson, you're missing out. He's one of the giggliest, happiest, most energetic, sorest of losers, snuggliest and friendliest (UNDERSTATEMENT) kids around.
I love my birthday Emer-bop.








1 comment:
He's a cutie! So, your camera jealously? Here's why I bought a fancy camera--we lost my nephew. 20 months old, jut a baby, with very few pictures and NO video of him. Suddenly photography became incredible important. It's worth the money to preserve the priceless memories. Seriously. Splurge!
Post a Comment