My actual birthday was the day that I was leaving on the airplane to come back to the US (overnight flight). In the morning the cafeteria crew made the most delicious and rich cake. Amazing. (and yes, it DID infact, get on Brooks' Sunday clothes as he carried it up to the room)

2 of the other missionary couples came to my parents apartment to come celebrate and eat the cake with me (medical missionaries and executive secretary missionary couple)

That morning we walked to the local "feira" (place where they sale the BEST produce w/ piles and piles of fruit, etc.) We spent $30 in fruit just to get our last taste of all things tropical......and trust me, it was a LOT of fruit.

However, THIS was the aisle I kept trying to avoid.......smells of all that meat was really a little too much.

Brooks' flight left 4 hours before mine, so I had about 5 hours to kill at the airport. My parents PATIENTLY agreed to play ONE MORE GAME of Golf w/ me........that morning we played AGAIN in my dad's office and I STILL CAME IN LAST!!!!! Unbelievable. Afterall, it WAS my birthday and I couldn't go out being an 100% loser, right?

Oh, and there weren't any open tables, so we balanced our cards on our laps, etc.
The outcome? I came in last again. I really don't know how that's even numerically possible to have my bad of odds at that game. So happy stinkin' birthday to me, huh.
Here I am, headin' home.......on the longest 20 hours ever!

By the time I got home, I was REALLY feeling one year older. What a trip!!!!
1 comment:
What a great trip-I can't believe you grew up there!
Post a Comment