I spent the whole naptime getting the kids' Valentine's stuff ready for tonight.
Ever since I could remember, my parents.....eh hem, the "Valentine Vulture" (yes I realize that was a stretch, but we needed a "v") would hide our Valentines gifts from Mom and Dad. The vulture would ring the door and run (faster then I thought my parents were capable....then again, maybe it WAS a vulture that flew away....) leaving behind some hearts w/ a poem for us to help find our things. Some poems would take us a good 45 minutes to find our stash, but I always appreciate a good poem. I used to write poems for my kids but I sat around reading the poems to them over and over and.........well, since they couldn't read it didn't really work. So UNTIL more of them can read and I feel like putting my kids through the torture of looking 6 different places before they actually find their presents through a VERY clever poem, I've opted for pictures the past 2 years. And I am NOT an artist. (but I DID overhear the boys talking in their beds the other night saying, I can't wait to see the pictures mom draws on our hearts this year!) The younger ones, have more obvious pictures..........obviously. And since we have a FEW chest of drawers with 3 drawers, I decided to put Bronson through a little chase.......

But the tricky part is HOPING that the kids don't run across their prizes between after school and after dinner. The bathroom and broom places worry me.......but they can hold it for a few hours, right? ;) (don't worry, I threw something over Aleeya's gifts)
But there are two places I don't think I have to worry about them finding..........
#1

#2

Then again, Sally might try........hmmmmmm. Oh well. I'll be crossing my fingers.
UPDATE: it is now 4:30 and Iris' under the crib HAS BEEN FOUND (as Aleeya was shoving all her clothes under there "cleaning" her room...........she thought it was her lucky day.....only to find out she had been caught for stuffing things under there!) :)
And for YOU all for Valentine's Day............and treat of my favorite hymn.......along w/ the true meaning of LOVE. Luvs to all.
3 comments:
You are awesome. This is SO much fun!!!
I must steal this idea!
You're too cute! I always hear the stuff your parent's used to do and think...they must have been exhausted! :) I love them.
I saw that you guys are moving soon. You should totally apply for something in Fort Collins. You guys would love love love it there, and we had a bunch of resident friends working at Medical Center of the Rockies who really enjoyed it. Anyway, they might not have what you're looking for, but I think you'd really love the town if you happened to run into an opportunity there.
Post a Comment