Example #1:
Parenting MAJOR Problem- Iris ALWAYS picks her nose
Ariel Solution- Instead of me reminding her to stop picking her nose (which has never worked), all I have to say is, "Iris, mermaids DON'T pick their nose!"
Result- SUCCESS. She immediately stops.
Example #2:
Parenting MAJOR Problem- Aleeya (like her brothers) thinks it's REALLY funny to........eh........."pass gas" or however you word it.
So once again I turned to Ariel and mermaids in general to help me out, because she's worked everytime. I went up to Aleeya and said, "Aleeya, you HAVE to stop tooting while we're here.....(here is comes).......because MERMAIDS don't toot, Aleeya."
Then she looked at me and said,
"I KNOW!!!!!!!! Because they don't even have bums!"
So my parenting question for you is, do mermaids have bums or not? Because it would REALLY help me out if Aleeya THOUGHT they had one.
7 comments:
Oh, Ariel! How I despise you. I used to roll my eyes at you because you're seductive and immorally weak. You disobey your parents and sacrifice everything for a boy. In Anderson's version of the little mermaid, you waste away to foam and die. And, now that your lack of bum has been brought to my attention, I despise you even more.
Yours truly,
Big bum and hips
Maybe take her to a pet store and point out the millions of pooping fish - it's got to come out somewhere even on a mermaid!
She has a bum when she becomes a princess and she doesn't toot then I am SURE :)
just... hahahahhaha!
This is awesome. LOVE it. I am stealing your parenting tips.
If they eat...they HAVE to have a bum - the whole digestion cycle???
First of all, love Amanda's comment. Perfect. And second, my girlie is allowed to toot only in the hallway or in her room. (Because she kept passing gas at the dinner table that made everyone but her not hungry anymore.) Its pretty hilarious to see her leap up to go toot in the hall--but be warned, if you're in her room with her, that is fair game and if you give her a look she will yell "I CAN TOOT IN MY ROOM!!!".
Post a Comment