Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My timer

Royce. Is. A. Timer.
In 3 hour increments.
Until recently, I could've started a recipe before I went to bed that said, "Bake for 3 hours and DO NOT OVERBAKE" and would've known that Royce would get me up in time to make sure it wasn't burned.
Of course during the day he's pretty consistent w/ the 3 hour thing and on a pretty reliable schedule. THANKFULLY, he thinks one time a night is good enough to see me.
(However he DID give me a first-day-back-to-school present last Monday and slept through the night for me. I knew it was a fluke at the time, but BOY was a grateful as that 6 a.m. getting everyone up routine sure would've hit me hard after a nice relaxing Christmas break)

I'm one of those keep-the-room-dark-and-keep-baby-sleepy -while-feeding-in-the-rocking-chair type of people. But my chair is next to a window and most times the moonlight comes in. Every night I can't get the song "Moonlight Becomes You" out of my head while the two of us sit there alone together. There's just something so sweet about his face.

Oh, and if you have NEVER heard this song, you're missing out. I'm ALSO one of those Oldies/musicals/black&white type movie lovers!!! Brooks always says I was born in the wrong era (meaning, I should've been born when the music was AWESOME, like back then!!!!) and that he hopes I can have someone in the family enjoy watching these movies w/ me one day like I always did with my sister and Mom and Dad growing up............because heaven KNOWS he won't!
Anyway, here's the good ol' Bing Crosby singing it in Road to Morocco..........maybe not as good as my 3:30 a.m. voice singing it, but I guess he'll have to do this time. :)



4 comments:

Davis and Laura said...

Girl, I loooooove old black and white Bing Crosby movies too and Davis gives me the hardest time about it. They will be on PBS and I'm all over it and he comes in the room and just moans...and leaves. :) Happy you are doing well with the new baby boy!

Valerie and Adam said...

I love those "Road To..." movies! Good to know I'm not alone. :)

Jamie said...

Charlie is a timer, too! And Steve mocks me constantly for using old fashioned phrases (i.e. "couldn't carry a tune in a bucket") and will not watch any of my black and white Christmas movies. We should get together for the middle of the night feeding and enjoy some Bing.

Stephanie said...

I love these, too. It's definitely hard to find someone to sit and watch movies like these. Kevin watches them with me, and he even likes the Jane Austen series, the PBS ones, even! I always loved being around when your family broke into song, you have such a telented family!