Talk about a WHOLE lot of estrogen in one place......Women's Conference @ BYU. Many people depicted all the ladies walking around campus as "herds".....it was probably pretty accurate. First of all, let me start with the drama proceeding my departure. Brooks dropped me off at the airport a hour and a half early. While checking in, this nice lady from Delta was teaching me how to use the kiosk. She asked if this was my first pregnancy. When I told her it was my 5th, she about died. I told her THAT'S why I was so excited for this get-away with my sisters. She had 3 boys of her own. Anyway, we had a great visit. I went to go past security and they said I couldn't get on the plane because my ticket said "Ralph Degn" and not "Melissa Smith". Apparently when booking the ticket my parents forgot to change it to my name. I went back to this nice lady and she said my Dad had to call up the Frequent Flyer Mile Gods somewhere in Bangledesh to fix it. You can imagine how well that went over. My dad told me they couldn't straighten it out before my flight left and that I needed to hurry and get my bags back before they got on the plane. All of a sudden my nose started stinging and my eyes started watering. "It's okay", I thought, "get it together"...... When I walked up to the SAME lady to give her my baggage receipt to get my bags back, I lost it. And I mean lost it. I'm really not an emotional person....I think it comes with taking upon the Smith last name.....but every cry that has never come out this pregnancy just came out. We're talking blotchy face, red cheeks, and tears pouring out. Cathy (her name) told me that I NEEDED that get-away and she would work something out while I got a grip in the bathroom. I couldn't believe I didn't put my make-up in my carry-on, but I at least stopped the tears. When I came back out, she was on the phone with her 2nd person and she kept repeating, "I KNOW I'm not supposed to do this, but I have a good feeling about this. I have a good feeling about her......", etc. To make a LOOOOONG story short, I got on the plane after thanking Miss Cathy over and over (breaking down again in gratitude) and saying a quick prayer of thanks as well. It was quite the ordeal, especially considering they were paging my name, the plane was at the END of the terminal and everyone in between got to see a 36 week pregnant lady sprint through the airport.
But, as you can see, I made it. Here we are heading out the first day from our cozy Motel 8. I'm here with my sis, Jessica (left), Mom, me, Sarah (my sis) and Christine, my gorgeous sis-in-law.
Here we are doing our little sevice blankets while listening to Sister Julie Beck.
OF COURSE, we had some Jamba Juice stops between some classes, and had to pose by the mountains, because my boys wanted pictures of them. (funny huh)
And here's a dozey. So my sister, Sarah is 21 weeks along and wanted a belly shot. Tell me WHY the girl that's the LEAST far along ALWAYS asks for a belly shot. Oh well. You can tell I'm ripe and ready and getting close. :)It really was such an incredible and quick few days. I flew home Sunday morning and couldn't WAIT to see my kids. (Oh, but don't you worry about them, they had a LOT more fun with Daddy then if I were home. They got to go camping, fishing, play games, get treats, go to softball games, etc. Bronson even said that Daddy is a GREAT snack-packer for school. Brooks even ran Bronson's lunch down to him at school when it was forgotten. Yep, they were spoiled. I think the dog missed me the most.....since she hasn't left my side even still.)
I DID have fun being the aunt and playing with my nieces and nephews. They are all so cute. But as I flew over North Carolina and was about to land, I really felt like I was coming home to the prettiest place on the planet.....and the view got even better when I got in the van and saw all those shirtless boys, and crazy-haired girl.....smiling at me! I love those rascals.
7 comments:
what a fun family! i'm so glad you caught your flight!
I'm sooooo glad you had a great time. Sorry about the ordeal at the airport. I guess you can be grateful for the hormonal emotions though because without it you wouldn't have gotten on the plane. We're glad you are home. (p.s. Aleeya even looked darling at church on Sunday.)
Hey, I just looked at your Babeynamey.com thingamajig on your side bar...and it looks like your due date is my baby's same birthday!! (They'll be one year apart.) Very COOL!
Women's Conference with all you girls looks FUN! :)
Wow, what an ordeal at the airport! I'm sorry! I am SO glad that lady let you through and did what she did. Though I wasn't going anywhere, I broke down a couple of times in the NICU. The nurses were very compassionate though. I am SO glad you had a great time. I am thinking this is what my sisters and I need to do!
Wow!!! Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (O.K. Not the airport but everything else). You look awesome, by the way!
What a stressful thing to happen at the airport, it sounds similar to what happened to me when I was leaving HI and getting ready to be married. It sounds like you turn on some sweet tears though. :) Mine didn't work. The women's conference sounds awesome, I'd love to go to that someday.
12 boxes?? When I said to save them for Aleeya, I was thinking you had 2 or 3 stuffed animals--not 12 boxes. I bet it felt so good to get rid of stuff. I love that feeling! I just might have to clean my store room again this week. I've done it twice in the last 2 months, but I'm sure I can find something to get rid of.
Post a Comment