I'm sure you can GUESS which one is the not-wanted one and it practically scared me to death. You see, I was weeding in my garden and in the corner of my eye I saw something dark and long. In my home, I didn't think anything of it......we have so many sticks, guns and toy snakes around. THEN the dark thing started moving towards me!!!!! So with all my boys there to see, I screamed like a girl and told them to run go get my neighbor. Afterall, I can claim the girls-can-scream card around here. My neighbor comes over in boots and gloves, holding a bucket and a mop. A MOP?!?! I offered my shovel, but he didn't want it. He kept trying to convince me that this snake was our "friend". I'll pick who my friends are, thank you very much.Apparently this GARDEN SNAKE was "fully matured" and the biggest he had seen. Great. He pushed the mop on the snake and it coiled around it and he put it in the bucket. Then of course, all my kids got to touch and pet it.....even Aleeya. Seriously. Are you kidding me?
Last Saturday was the Stake Service Day and Brooks took Bronson to go clean some parks. I honestly planned on going but picking strawberries the day before wore me out. Talk about being handicapped now! Whoever says you don't get anything in return for service is DEAD WRONG. You see, my sons thinks if you go serve in your community you can come home with a turtle.....which is just what he did. Meet Holly. (She was Macky first, but after my extensive reading on these things, I found out she was a girl.....and if you you'd like to hear how I know, I'll bore you w/ the details later). Holly is actually North Carolina's state reptile and was about to be killed when Brooks grabbed her. It provided seriously a whole day's worth of entertainment and into the next day. The boys love/loved Holly. Why the past tense you ask? Well, Holly is hiding somewhere in the backyard (can't blame her) and we haven't see her for 2 days. But they DO love to dig and hide under things, so I imagine she's under a bush, cut grass pile or folage in the back corner of our lawn. Who knows......we may or may not see Holly again. But the boys now know that there's 4 girls (Aleeya, me, Sally and Holly) and 4 boys (Bronson, Camden, Emerson and Daddy) so this baby is the tie breaker in their minds.
Last Saturday was the Stake Service Day and Brooks took Bronson to go clean some parks. I honestly planned on going but picking strawberries the day before wore me out. Talk about being handicapped now! Whoever says you don't get anything in return for service is DEAD WRONG. You see, my sons thinks if you go serve in your community you can come home with a turtle.....which is just what he did. Meet Holly. (She was Macky first, but after my extensive reading on these things, I found out she was a girl.....and if you you'd like to hear how I know, I'll bore you w/ the details later). Holly is actually North Carolina's state reptile and was about to be killed when Brooks grabbed her. It provided seriously a whole day's worth of entertainment and into the next day. The boys love/loved Holly. Why the past tense you ask? Well, Holly is hiding somewhere in the backyard (can't blame her) and we haven't see her for 2 days. But they DO love to dig and hide under things, so I imagine she's under a bush, cut grass pile or folage in the back corner of our lawn. Who knows......we may or may not see Holly again. But the boys now know that there's 4 girls (Aleeya, me, Sally and Holly) and 4 boys (Bronson, Camden, Emerson and Daddy) so this baby is the tie breaker in their minds.
No comments:
Post a Comment