
Here's the first heat of the St. Patrick's Day jellybean race!
Although you may think Bronson was the shu-in.....you're wrong. Camden actually started beating everyone else....then he cheated and used his hands to push the jellybean (have to push it with your nose), so he got disqualified

So it was down to Emerson and Bronson. As you can see, Emerson was winning and really should've. But Sally ate Bronson's jellybean so I threw him another one and it gave him a good head start. So Bronson ended up having one good nudge and won.

Now comes the REAL race between Brooks and me. Here we are at the starting line. Quick history.....Brooks CAN'T beat me. Afterall, I've had at least 25 years practice. I still remember sneaking the jellybean in my glasses, then learning the trick to turn sideways, etc. Brooks has only been doing this for 5 years. Pregnant or not, I was going to win and I let him know it. (I'm holding Sally back so she won't eat more jellybeans.....as you can see Brooks thinks I'M the one that will be going down). Note: adults can't use their hands on the ground for balance. After some more smack talking the race began.....and it took ONE, let me repeat that, ONE nudge to get it all the way across the room for the obvious victory for.....Brooks. Are you kidding me?!?!? I TOTALLY didn't count on the wood floor factor. Seriously, next year, we're doing it downstairs on the carpet to slow the jellybeans down.
Next Brooks raced against Bronson to see who the real winner was while I sat on the couch eating humble pie. Brooks won (knowing Bronson was going to pick Red Lobster to go eat, I encouraged it), and chose his favorite restaurant.....McDonald's! Actually it's Aleeya's favorite, but whatever.........there's always next year.........
5 comments:
Just blame the prego factor...and walk with your head held high. He just got lucky!
how much fun!
Totally prego factor, as if anything is fair in those 9 months, really!!! Stand TALL. ;)
What are you doing posting at 4:37 IN THE MORNING?!?
So, this was a Degn family tradition, or something? I never heard of it.
This looks and sounds like so much fun! Just wait until next time, you'll be serving the humble pie to the rest of your family, right? :)
Post a Comment