Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Birds of a feather and pillows don't mix.


Ummmm, yea, we have a bird that just flew in our house. The boys and Aleeya are in HEAVEN! I feel sorry for the thing, especially since I just found 7 pillows on the floor where the bird was flying around. I guess since the bird didn't understand Camden's plea of "Bird, get on my hombro", they decided to knock it down with pillows. Thankfully, the bird is faster and my kids have bad aim.

Even as I write this now Camden just ran and said, "Mom, come turn on the fan" (obviously the bird is on the fan). So I better return now to save the bird from the kids......but it HAS proven to be great entertainment.Hopefully I won't be updating this mentioning a bird funeral......wait, WHAT THE......my dog just walked past me with a huge HAM BONE (size of Aleeya's head) in her mouth sneaking it in from outside! Stinker. Seriously, I should go before the animals (kids and animal kingdom-ites) take over!


4 comments:

The Sanford Family said...

I love you you guys are so easily entertained!

Niederfam said...

That's hilarious, I thought that only happened at the Grocery store!!!!! Too funny. We have had some poor little hummingbirds get stuck in our garage and we always TRY to help them find their way out, but we've "lost" two that way. :(

AND.......THANK YOU for hosting P in a few weeks, we are VERY grateful for your hospitality!!! Put him to work while he's there!!!!!

Heather said...

This is so funny! You were very patient about the whole thing. I had a family of birds living in the fan duct to our bathroom vent. They were actually in two of our vents. I freaked out! We had someone come and remove them with all of their nests and yuck and put special covers on the outside of our house to keep them out. I love birds, that live outside!

Babelicious said...

How did you get the bird out? I think my kids (Olivia especially) would have been hysterical and freaking out that it would die in the house. Sounds like an entertaining day. That's much better than the bees that we had invade our vents in our house!!