What a LAME title....but here on out for a while I will just do a photo-news drop with no common theme besides them happening in the same month. ha!
But check out how CUTE my elementary school kids school pics are. Everly's smile is 100% one of my favorite school pics EVER!
Everly also had to do a poster describing things about her and things she likes. She picked all the pictures and even drew a picture of our family. (I love how she put "My Savior" as one of the things she likes.)
On October 5th Kellyn turned 7. I actually didn't ASK what she wanted for a piñata because I saw a few Pringles cans on our counter two weeks before and the idea was formed. Kellyn loves all things ballet. She was so thrilled.
Kellyn and her friends, post-swimming, pre-piñata smacking.
As mentioned before Kellyn loves ballet. She's never taken ballet and has begged and begged. Ima gonna be honest here.....she kept begging while I had young twins. Or during crazy busy times when we were always running everywhere anyway. Well I decided to bite a temporal bullet and buy a 3 month groupon for her and she's in heaven. Her little naturally arched back is so cute.
It now turns into an expensive groupon when you have to buy all the supplies. Thankfully Wynn keeps sneaking into Kellyn's room and getting more of our money's worth in it dressing up. (Have I mentioned she's the sneaky twin?)
There is always a lot of work to do around here but every once and a while I stop, breathe and take in this little patch of paradise we have. I love the pond when it's "steamy"
One aspect of being a kid in this family is that it includes the job of testing if the electric fence is working hahaha. Brooks asked the older boys and it turned into them conning the younger ones to do it. Here they are asking Royce to touch it.
Brooks and I were watching this out the kitchen window. One kid would touch it and then all the OTHERS would lose it laughing. Finally it was Bronson's turn and he didn't jump back in shock. How in the WORLD did the electric fence short right before he touched it....but it did! haha Well played Bronson!
I love looking outside and seeing the kids playing together. I like it even more when there are random farm animals mixed in.
Aleeya turned 12 and wanted a swim party.
She also wanted to play Pin the Tail on the Goat. She made the poster all by herself. I love how well she can plan a party and do all the details.
Brooks never likes a fuss over his birthday. BUT Everly made him a birthday card and he made her feel so special connecting it to his tie for part of the day so everyone could see what a "wonderful card" she made for him. (Look how proud/pleased she is!)
Pause! Time for another dreamy farm picture! Twins and goats running through the pasture.
Brooks has taken on the project of making us a giant table that will fit us all and a few more. It's been a beast but I'm loving what I'm seeing. He started having to assemble it IN the dining room since it would never fit through a door.
Assembled and stained.
While I won't go into the saga and the multiple issues we had with our epoxy attempt, it is FINISHED (besides the painters tape around the sides)
Halloween Trunk or Treats are my kids' favorites. The twins dressed up as Rapunzel BEFORE her haircut and after her haircut (it worked for Iley's shorter hair anyway). They were hilarious with the frying pans asking "Who are you and how did you find me?"
I went as Mother Gothel.
These two wanted to be cheetahs. It worked because they needed new clothing anyway so cheetah clothes it was. Everly's cheetah face makes me laugh since her "fierce" translated into constipated.
Still nailing the "constipated" look
Year after year Royce is a ninja
Iris as Hermione Granger. She looks so much like her AND she talks as fast and as much as her. It's a perfect type-casting if you ask me.
Aleeya as Messi
Between the Trunk or Treat and Halloween night the kids got waaaaaaaaay too much candy.
So Brooks set a challenge to the kids to give all their candy to him and if they don't eat any candy or pop for 6 months he will give them $50. For a whole year he will give them $150 each. Obviously the plan wasn't ran by me BUT he DID have a good point that it's still less than what we would pay in cavities, right? The only kids to take him up on it were Emerson, Aleeya and Iris.
Speaking of dressing up there was a cowboy dress-up day at the middle school. While Aleeya looks adorable I have ZERO idea what Emerson is trying to pull off with his slicked hair, hoodie and boots.
But confidence is all that matters anyway, right?










No comments:
Post a Comment