Brooks has been flying to SC almost every month for his business there, but his APRIL trip, I decided I was going to join him.....you know, to look for a house!
It's been a crazy little ride lately with trying to navigate spiritual promptings but to make a long story short, Brooks is quitting Pathology and in March started an online Master's course in Marriage and Family Therapy. "Online" means you can really do it anywhere, but with Brooks' other business in SC it would provide us an income while we go through student-dom again. BUT we were still waiting on a confirmation from heaven with this plan.
IN the meeeeeeantime, I decided to keep my eyes out for homes, so I tagged along. But since Brooks DID still have to work for two days in SC, I just had to think of SOMEthing to keep my lazy heart busy. 😏
The first morning I went to the temple. It was wonderful (as always)
I still had a whole afternoon to kill so I went to Swan Lake Park. I love this spot in Sumter. Especially since it was baby season!
Then I laid myself down on some soft grass and read my book. I know, "poor me" huh.
While resting there I got this lovely picture texted to me of Iley, you know, the "unfortunate twin".
That girl could give herself a goose-egg breathing and standing in attention! Thankfully our wonderful friend who was watching the kids was a nurse and doted over her more than we would have even.
The next day Brooks worked in Myrtle Beach. I knew EXACTLY what I was going to be doing with my books THAT day. I would send pics to the kids requesting them back home. Nothing like a pasty white lady in a mom-swimsuit taking selfies by herself!
I found a cool jellyfish though. The kids liked this picture better than my other beach picture. I don't get it.
The last day and a half was spent in Greenville looking at homes and seeing friends and most importantly, stopping by our FAVORITE and beloved and so-very-missed Pupuseria. I look just a liiiiiiittle too happy to be there.
(did I mention Brooks hates selfies? Well, he does.)
Man we love this place.
As far as the house hunt went we were kind of disappointed. We had one house that online we LOVED and knew it would have everything we potentially wanted. Then we got there and it was so worn down. Cracks in walls, horrible paint, nasty carpet, old windows, water stains on ceiling and junk in so many places. It would cost too much $ to get it up to speed that the asking price was way to high. The other ones would have worked but nothing really tickled our fancy.
BUT I had a nice vacation regardless!

No comments:
Post a Comment