Per our usual Christmas Eve Feast tradition, each kid got to pick a side to go with the pop-in-the-hiney chicken that Brooks grills.
No surprise here, Iris picked Jell-o ("with NO fruit")
Aleeya wanted a mango/strawberry fruit salad which has become her go-to as well on Christmas Eve.
Since Everly did NOT like the grape experiment from last year, she played it safe and asked for chips and dip. I'm game with that.
Royce with his KRAFT Mac-N-Cheese
Bronson asked for some herbed rolls that I make.....while Camden stares me down.
THIS kid asked for muddy-buddies. haha. Something I could make ahead....oh yea.
We had the Sisters over this year and Sister Jones' tradition was green bean casserole.
And pumpkin pie for Sister Anderson. So we had the options of strawberry/kiwi pies along with this.... which is a GOOD thing because I completely forgot to put SUGAR in the pie. She just sat there gratefully eating it until I tried it. hahaha.
Emerson asked for cheezy potatoes
and Kellyn LOOOOVES her baked cabbage. 😂
It's impossible to get everyone cooperating
For the sibling gifts Camden gave Everly some make-up which she did NOT like.....nor would she even LOOK at it OR Camden.
Emerson made Kellyn VERY happy with her smelly markers and she gave him a sword. And I'm just noticing this now but WHY is Kellyn wearing the babies' pants?!
Wynn was OVERJOYED at the stuffed animal Bronson gave her that she ran and gave him a hug...
that knocked him down.
This whole naughty/nice thing flip flops daily.
While we cleaned up, the kids had an impromptu balloon volleyball game in the living room
Right before bed some carolers from our church stopped by. It was so sweet.
Brooks and I have always had this discussion as to what the listeners DO when the carolers are singing. I told him you just smile gratefully and listen. Apparently that didn't take my advice because he pretended to lead the songs.
1 comment:
Haha, we've wondered that also! It can get super awkward just sitting there staring at the carolers. Makes it feel like they'll never.stop.singing, ha!
Post a Comment