Once in August and once in September Brooks took some of the kids camping.
The first time he went to a State Park on a lake here in Arkansas. Bronson was out of town so he took Camden, Emerson, Aleeya, Iris and Royce.
(apparently there was nasty seaweed stuff to swim in.....yummy)
Just using their tires (thanks WA!) for chairs.....maxin' and relaxin'.
They stayed two nights......long enough to get quite a bit of sun on your cheeks.
I love how the fish bait/tackle box is mixed in with all their dinner and food on the table. That right THERE makes it obvious I wasn't there. :)
Brooks is under strict command to take and text me pictures when he goes (you know, because of my FOMO and the need to document).....but sometimes I get ones like this:
When I zoomed in a little on Royce..... I noticed the kid playing with the lighter. Admittedly my first thought was, "That's better than him playing with the hatchet last time Brooks took them camping".
Then I get another picture of Brooks, Camden and Emerson on the boat they rented to fish.
Make ya wonder who was watching Aleeya, Iris and Royce huh. 😂
Luckily they all seemed to have a blast
and they all came home safely.
Oh, one more, I love this picture.
On another trip Brooks took the older four on a fishing trip to the Little Red River. Leading up to it Brooks had an expert-fisherlady from work give Brooks all her trout fishing tips.
So with lots of marshmallows (it's a trout fishing thing), they missed a little school, loaded up and left.
The kids all said how cool the fog was on the Little Red.
Everyone was actually catching fish!
I guess it was a little bloody getting this trout's hook out? (So glad I had already eaten by the time Brooks texted me this picture)
But THIS one is my favorite of the whole trip!!!! How DREAMY is this?!?!?
When outdoors it's like some magic descends on my kids....there's no fighting, teasing or arguing. Everyone gets along....ESPECIALLY when fishing. Not sure what it is about it, but these trips are proof of the magic.







No comments:
Post a Comment