Thursday, November 16, 2017

Aleeya and Iris

THIS little lady......my oldest girl turned 10 in October and wanted an Emoji party.
For some reason (I think out of mercy) she always seems to pick the easiest piƱatas for me to make.

(sitting on one of the new reclining chairs Brooks and I bought and picked the fabric out for. My first new chairs. WHAAAAAT?!)

If Aleeya wants an Emoji party, well by golly I was gonna dig deep into my professional art skills and draw some emojis on some balloons. (One looks like it has a bloody mouth and the zipper mouth guy looks like he's smoking. But regardless, she liked them)

Her party ended up being on Brooks' birthday......his big 40th by-the-way. But since he doesn't like being celebrated this worked out. I wasn't about to have him stay in a house with THIS much estrogen on his birthday night
(and yes, I drew emoji faces on yellow $-store plates. #imsofancy)

so I shoo-ed him and the boys out the door to go to a football game.
By "boys" I mean the older two. Emerson went to a friend's house and Royce.....well, he's usually clumped with the girls anyway. 
The two girls (twins) on the left are our neighbors and spend every day here usually. They were so helpful cleaning up everything and playing with the younger girls. We love them.


On Aleeya's actual birthday she got her junkbox from us (she's so easy to excite)


She also wanted a messenger-bag/purse, a soccer necklace and a Sonic giftcard.... her favorite.
She also likes Shopkins.....think she got enough?
(I had to test how the cookie cake came out, right? Pretty sure she won't notice it)


Aleeya also has been on a travel soccer team this fall. She tried out for the A team and got on. They don't have a NON-traveling soccer team in town. Weird. 
But ol' "Wheels" made us proud.



Aleeya ALSO now shares a bed with Iris.....every morning when I go to wake them up I find them spooning or turned into one lump under the blankets. I took THIS picture because it was unusual to find them somewhat separated. haha

Iris makes friends super easy and lucky her, there's quite a few girls her age in our church!

BIG DEAL ALERT!!!!
Iris was old enough (8) to go with Aleeya and me to the General Women's Conference Broadcast in October. Here we are at Ruby Tuesday's (their pick) before.
Sure that above smile is quite awkward and makes you think she's super excited......she's actually just super uncomfortable. She was SO embarrassed to go into a public restaurant all dressed up because "people will look".

And at the table, still quite fidgety and uncomfortable. 
Iris LOVES corndogs (#facepalm) and so THAT'S what she ordered there. I'm about to offer some experienced advice....do NOT order Ruby Tuesday's corndogs (as IF you were tempted....), Iris said they awful.

Iris also played soccer this fall. She only played goalie once so I snapped a picture.

Soccer kept Aleeya and Iris busy.
The other times they were home they opted to play 4-Square and Jump-over-the-Toilet-Snake

#redneckstatus #DEFINITELYwouldntwantittotouchyou

1 comment:

hughesfamily said...

I love, love these posts about your kids and their personalities! What an awesome bunch of kids you have!