The first of April I turned 36. WHAAAAT?!?!
(sounds a lot older than 35)
Although Camden didn't TECHNICALLY do this for my bday I consider this a gift to me. He learned how to change diapers! 😆
He started babysitting for a family that had a boy in a nighttime diaper. Camden assured them he knew how to put one on. The kid ended up with it on backwards. So here I am teaching him.
We started with an UN-moving baby and then moved on up. I decided not to overwhelm him with the twin-challenge. ;)
A birthday gift to me would be all of us sitting quietly, watching Conference and taking notes on those inspired words.
Yea, THAT didn't last long. This was more like it.
Because every precious moment with these two is a gift, here's one of those no-personal-space kind of pictures of the girls in the bath.
A gift (and a challenge) is a household of girls who want to be like me. They watch everything I do and that's scary sometimes and I know I don't always do this job justice. But it's sweet when I hear Aleeya talk about wanting to be a mom when she grows up.
This was TECHNICALLY not for my birthday but we got the BEST THING EVER my birthday week.
Meet the Sasquatch.
The newest member of the family. #iminLOVE
On my actual birthday Brooks was working and the day was PACKED with games and practices. It was the first time I had six kids that needed to be at 5 different places at the same time.
Happy flipping birthday to me huh.
BUT I bought myself a papaya to muster through it all. MMMM-mmm
Being the taxi driver isn't the tricky part, it's taking Kelly, Everly, Wynn and Iley with me and keeping an eye on them that's tricky. Thankfully I have friendly babies that crawl to strangers to be held.
And I can bribe Aleeya and Iris to keep tabs on Everly/Kellyn for me.....because keeping track of Everly is a job in and of itself!
Three of my friends (Candi, Autumn and Jenn) had a birthday brunch for me as well. Probably the best french toast I've ever had. It literally was a FEAST.
Oh, and Emerson gave me a container of Tic-Tacs because he said my breath stinks. Nice.
Can we just go back to the Sasquatch for a minute though...... I love LOVE driving that thing. It's SO smooth and gets a LOT better gas mileage than the Yeti did. It's quieter, turns better, has an AC that works and now thanks to Royce it is one window short!
The knucklehead saw the height on the Sasquatch (it's so tall......I mean, I can't even go through any drive-thrus because of the height. haha) and wondered if he could throw the baseball from one side of it to the other.
And in case you are wondering, he can't.
Brooks and I told Royce that he probably will owe us for YEARS for that window in jest. Then Brooks said he had to vaccuum up all the broken glass. Royce cocked his head to the side and with his mischevious grin asked, "Can you pay me a dollar if I vaccuum up all the glass?" #facepalm
And no, he didn't get paid!












2 comments:
Oh thank goodness Royce is so cute!!
I totally broke the back window of our van backing up into a tree branch...after telling my mom repeatedly (as she was warning me about it) that, "I'm FINE, Mom, I'm not going to hit--" *CRASH*
Yeah, I was paying that sucker off for a loooong time.
Post a Comment