My sweet babies turned 6 months on Thanksgiving Weekend.
I have to say, I am LOVING this. Loving everything about them and their content-ness and their easy-going-ness and their sweet sweet temperments. Seriously, they are the highlight of my EVERY day.
To illustrate how easy these girls have become....... Brooks and I were asked to step in and help in the nursery at the church. (Kids 18 months-3 years) Here they are....on the floor.....just napping through it all.
On Thanksgiving morning, Camden, Bronson and Brooks went off to the church Turkey Bowl (football). They "had fun". And that's all I heard about it. That's all I EVER hear from them. Two-three word answers. Fast forward 12 hours and I get a message sent to me from a guy in our church saying they had never seen a play like Brooks did in the game. He said he STILL can't stop thinking about it.
I guess they served doughnuts there and Brooks went to go grab one. They were in the middle of the game and the guy he was guarding said, "You can't play holding a doughnut" and Brooks told him he could. The very next play Brooks intercepted the ball by tipping it up then catching it one handed. He ran towards his goal line....on the way taking a nice big bite of his doughnut still in his hand. haha.
He's a rockstar and I wouldn't have heard about it if it wasn't for that guy. Not even Bronson or Camden told me about it.
With it getting dark so early we decided to have our family Turkey Bowl BEFORE dinner which was a smart (albeit cold) decision.
Here's the peanut gallery watching. Sitting up babies being entertained by singing Christmas toys.
Brooks, Aleeya and I are reigning champs......two years running now. Well, Aleeya did NOT want to play. Like did NOT. We FINALLY bribed talked her into it. She kept saying, "but we're going to lose!" I have to admit, I thought the same thing. The boys are pretty good now and Brooks is dealing with me on his team.
Royce played on the boys team and actually contributed to quite a few plays. Iris was the photographer and I don't think will ever want to play. haha
Royce running the ball.......oh, and Everly just walking through the field. See, THAT'S what makes our game take so much more skill. Not only to we PLAY two-hand-touch football, but it's also a dodge-the-toddler game mixed in too. #skillz
Aleeya running the ball. She's quite fast.
And SPEAKING of fast......guess who couldn't catch up to his MOM before she scored a touchdown and then proceeded to do a touch down dance?!?!?!?
BRONSON, THAT'S WHO!!!! #stopdancingMom #youreembarrassingme
Let's just say that's the first time I put my sprint on for a year....and my hamstrings told me about it the next day.
But it was allllllll worth it. We BARELY got a victory with a surprise catch. The look on Bronson's face when the catch was made was worth every sore muscle in my body.
THREE-PEAT BABY!!!!!!
Obligatory victory-handshake.......oh wait, Emerson and Bronson refused to do it. Maybe not so obligatory?
I didn't get a picture of our huge feast. But the turkey turned out great......see? Oh wait, you can't. All I got was a picture of Brooks cutting it with Kellyn yapping his ear off.
All the desserts we enjoyed with the Elders (who happened to show up right when we were eating dessert. #6thsense):
pumpkin, berry, coconut cream, pumpkin cheesecake, chocolate and blackberry cobbler.
Then baths and bed.
All six girlies in the very small bath. Not sure there was much cleaning happening but it was a nice enclosed social hour for them.
Then the next day Brooks just said to me, "Hey, lets use our free nights at a hotel tonight." We found a hotel across the Mississippi in Illinois with a sweet indoor pool and hot tub and got two rooms there for the night. We divided up girls and boys.....oh except Everly. I told Brooks he "gets" to take her in his room too. Okay, NOW we're even. We had the most enjoyable time there and it was truly relaxing. Girls playing "teacher" with the spin-chair and with the unplugged hotel phone.......ALWAYS unplugged. (first thing I do when I walk into a hotel room.... 2nd? unplug the microwave)
The boys room watched all things sports and animals and in the girls room we had Hallmark sappy stuff playing. The babies of course just napped whenever we put them in their port-a-cribs without a peep and they also enjoyed the swimming pool. I'm tellin' ya, this mini-vaction rocked.
And then we hit the free Science Center on our way home the next day.
Thanksgiving Weekend really was so nice.












No comments:
Post a Comment