Friday, May 6, 2016

The last two weeks

We've been pretty busy lately..... with sports, preparations for the babies and just life. Things like taking Royce, Kellyn and Iris to the dentist (note to self: Anesthesia does NOT work on Kellyn and she will scream and scream and only my prego body can hold her down), and myself with a cracked tooth.


But when I say "we" have been busy. I mean "we" as in BROOKS. 
The kids have had so many events and things that I just look at Brooks and say, "I can't", or "this one is ALL you" and he does it.

Last week he took Camden, Emerson, Aleeya and Iris to their school fair that they've been looking SO much forward to. I knew it meant the world to them. I told Brooks that the boys can go off with their friends so just keep an eye on Aleeya and Iris. 
Having a great time

He sent pictures so I assumed he was keeping a good eye on the girls.

Then I get a text from some random woman asking for "Iris' dad's cell phone number and if she could meet him by such-n-such ride because her daughter is done playing there with Iris and getting ready to leave." Whatever. They all came home and had a blast.

Iris and Aleeya also had their last soccer games last Saturday (Iris' doughnut party after the game)
 Aleeya gets her red-face from me. Here is "Wheels" after her game. (coach calls her that because she's so fast)

I didn't go to those two games either. 1) because I HAD been to every other one and 2) just thinking about walking up the hill by the soccer field after made me want to cry.

Brooks also took Bronson to his Middle School Sports Banquet. (if you consider pizza a "banquet"). Doesn't Bronson look so handsome/old up there with the rest of the baseball team?!?!

I have been going to some of Emerson and Camden's baseball games though......just as long as I leave Everly home with her older brother. Chasing Everly at baseball games is SO off my list of I-can-do-this things. Thankfully I WAS at this game though and got this picture of Royce with the frog Camden caught for him.

When I sit down at the baseball games I look so funny with this HUGE ball on my lap making it so I can't even close my legs. I usually bring a camping chair so it looks even worse. I took this picture in our room though to (through my mirror with all the kid-prints on it) illustrate the visual. Everytime I sit down I STILL can't believe how huge it is.

Royce took this of me last week while getting dinner on the table. The angle from a kids' eyes and shape of my belly!!!


One of my closest friends was celebrating her 40th with a huge group bowling date. Obviously I couldn't bowl, so I sat and watched, but I didn't want to show up without them remembering that last December when all us women and men folk went bowling that I skunked them all. I wore my ribbon all night.
Although I didn't bowl, I DID win with the largest (and heaviest) "ball" though.

And Brooks pulled out a headband to wear when he bowled to show how seriously he took the bowling this time. Let's just say, it didn't help his score.

Here are the women-folk and birthday red-head in the middle.

We always pick up a lady on the way to church but last Sunday another young man needed a ride to church. I know it's hard to see him with all the kids in the Yeti though...... #camoflauge #blendsrightin


Speaking of the Yeti..... Sunday is always game night around here. "LCR" has been our family favorite for a while (mostly because we like seeing the winner and the losers reactions) but a friend of ours gave us the game "Yeti in my Spaghetti" that all ages could enjoy.


I promise, we REALLY did enjoy it. (Especially me, since I won the tournament)..... despite what this video may show! (Mom, this video of how good of losers we are creating is just for you)



Tuesday we REACHED my midwife's goal of
37 weeks!!!!!

This is actually a HUGE deal in twin-dom with 57% of twins being born before 37 weeks. Now it's a they-can-come-healthily-anytime-now zone. (Brooks' goal for me is at least 38 weeks though).
To celebrate 37 weeks we went to Walmart late at night and bought ourselves a bunch of treats. I really only felt like an ice cream Snicker bar.
I think Brooks is jealous he doesn't have a built-in tray to eat off of.
I realize the shirt looks like it's about to tear in two.


Yesterday I had my ultrasound to find out that the lower baby is now FINALLY head down!!!! Holy answer-to-prayers!!!!! I don't know how many more minutes a day I can hang upside down off my bed, so I was relieved to hear SOMEONE flipped. They are both measuring in the six pound range and look great. 
Then after I went to my appointment.
I always get all crampy after appointments so I really didn't get dinner done in time last night at all, so it was a pizza kind of night. We drove over to Little Cesar's and as I sat there I looked down at my toes that I TRIED to reach and paint (I wish I could say the girls did it but this horrible job was all me). And yes, I wear slippers around town now.

I normally would go in the drive-thru, but it was so long and I needed to drop Emerson off at baseball, so I went in. As I waddled in I guess some lady in the drive-thru saw me. While I was ordering she yelled through the window,
"Hey, you havin' twins ain't you?"
"Yes m'am I am." (some people really take a risk to ask even though I could very well have said no!)
Then she starts waving her hands and shaking her head repeating,
"I KNEW you is, I just KNEW you is".

I am choosing to not include the random and ever-present comments from people in Walmart. But don't you think for a second that I don't text them to Brooks with a few of my thoughts! haha


2 comments:

hughesfamily said...

Your blog is my favorite.

Miles said...

I'm so glad one of the babies has turned!! Hope the other one follows her sister! Good luck, Melissa!!