On April 14th Emerson turned 10!!!!!
Double digits.
I could tell he was worried his birthday was going to stink since I'm on low energy mode. But that crazy kid STILL got his breakfast he requested and a REALLY cool lunch (Wendy's and pop) delivered to him in the cafeteria. He was BEYOND excited.
He had a baseball game that day as well. When he got home we were able to give him our presents to him and eat some strawberry pie.
Junk box time.
He ended up with four mini cans of orange Fanta in it too. This kid and his pop (which he never gets but is his FAVORITE thing)
Money/card from Grams and Grampy
And an action figure. He thought it was pretty cool.
Money/card from Grandma and RA. This is his face after he saw that it was addressed to "Camden" instead of him. haha
And we gave him a new scooter. Which he needed....but didn't realize he REALLY REALLY would get excited over.
He said it was the best birthday ever.
Which was a HUGE "PHEW-moment" for me because like him, I thought his bday was going to stink.
The next weekend he took some friends to Gravitopia for his party.
Well, actually BROOKS took them, while I stayed home with the younger two. For SOME reason we thought it was a good idea for me not to be jumping on trampolines.....
Dodgeball
Emerson with his friends.
Then he came home to a table that looked like this:
Ice cream sandwich cake w/ Yu-gi-oh cards on top and a Pop-Pyramid which he thought was the coolest thing ever. #popaddict
He and his friends played with his presents and played with water guns running around like boys do for his party.
And Princess Everly ALSO had a birthday this month. The BIG TWO!!!!!!
The morning of her birthday she had a new ride-on toy waiting in the living room, attached to three balloons and balloons all over the floor that her older brothers and sisters blew up for me.
It was kinda her heaven.
The kids were like, "doesn't she get a cake?", "is she going to have a piƱata or a party?"
"Um, no. She's 2. Has ZERO idea what's going on, we've had a TON of cakes/pies with Emerson's birthday recently and considering I couldn't even blow up BALLOONS, I'm thinking a party/pinata and anything else for a clueless toddler are out of the question."
Then they stopped asking.
She was so thrilled all day with her balloons though.
Everly has always been such an easy-going, sweet temperment baby/girl for me. It's something I could always count on to counter other moody females in the home.
Until. Now.
I don't even know WHICH switch was switched but ever since she turned two I've got a different girl who now knows how to scream, throw fits, scratch, hit and punch. It's so perfect she learn those things right before the babies come.
I remember my mom always saying that having babies 18 months apart or 3 years apart were so much better then 2 years apart. Even all my other kids around two years old I think, "I'm so glad the baby is already 6 months old right now, having a newborn now would be tricky."
Well, here I am, with my FIRST "Terrible Two" lady about to welcome two more.
#heavenhelpme
#heavenhelpHER


3 comments:
I won't be long until a gazillion people are constantly asking you if Everly and the twins are triplets! And, I'll even bet that Kellyn gets thrown in there and people ask if they're quadruplets!
Love that your parents addressed the card to the wrong kid! My mom made name tags for my kids to wear one Thanksgiving, haha.
Have the girls turned around yet? I've been praying for them to turn.
Aaah! Happy Birthday Emerson and Everly!! I can't believe we missed both their birthdays! They look like huge successes! And Brons said to tell Emerson, if the card was addressed to Camden, the money should go to him...I bet that will go over well. Spoken like a true Smith uncle :)
I seriously love how you make each of your kids feel like the favorite on their birthdays. I can't even imagine how you had energy to do any of this!
Post a Comment