Last week and the week before were our weeks of first games in the springs.
Here is Coach Smith and the kid that cheers more then anyone else on their team.... Emerson.
Go A's!!!!! And ROYCE ( t-ball ) was also put on the A's team!
I took the below picture BEFORE his cleats had to be put on. He has a BIIIIIIG issue with wearing socks WITH shoes. It hurts his feet I guess and since I wanted him to smile I just did the socks. Which ended up being a good idea since he DID lose it. I reminded him though that I let him keep the stickers on his hat (the stickers from the store) and I didn't MAKE him wear undies. So he was pacified and wore his cleats with his socks. (Guess he has a thing with under clothing too? But we have a STRICT rule with him about undies. You HAVE to wear them to church. Otherwise.....well, he just does his thing) #pickyourbattles #dontdepantshim
The girls before their soccer games.
Iris isn't so scared of the ball anymore but she still is a very polite soccer player. Aleeya is the smallest girl on her 8-9 year old team. She's a 2nd grader and there are even some 4th graders on her team. He coach calls her "Wheels" because she's so fast and can catch anyone. He said, "She must have older brothers". Yes, yes she does. The perks of having older brothers? More agressive in sports and you get teased more. You take the good with the bad.
Speaking of a teaser, here is Camden before his first game in Majors. This is his tough pose.
Bronson made the Middle School baseball team and the coach WARNED us before games started that he "likes his team to look good". So it should've come to NO surprise when we had to buy a bazillion articles of uniforms. For starters they have THREE different uniforms. Black, red and white. Then red and black long sleeve undershirts. Different colored belts, socks and hats.
(he said I could take a picture of his whites if he didn't have to look at the camera). Deal
Then on TOP of that they have practice attire. So Mon/Wed/Fridays they wear their red practice shirts and Tues/Thurs they wear black. And they have basketball shorts for inside practice and batting cages. If you wear the WRONG stuff you have to run extra.
I'll admit, I do laundry every day but I am feeling a little stressed to make sure he has the RIGHT things and check the coach's latest updates on their attire. (EVEN FOR PRACTICE!!!!). It's really crazy.
But I will admit....they DO look good, and when I pick him up at practice and they're all out their matching it's cute......or handsome? or cool? What's the right middle school word....?
Being a 7th grader on the 7th/8th grader team has been a good experience for him (why are some 8th graders so big?!?!?!). He mostly plays outfield, sits out sometimes and has pitched a few games here and there.
What matters, is that he's loving it.
To say our calendar is full of practices and games is an embarrassing understatement.






No comments:
Post a Comment