Wednesday, July 1, 2015

June is over!

Other activities in June included 

a LOT of golf and swimming

Hanging with some new families here to practice our Spanish (since they don't speak English)....yes, the girls even wear swim suits when people come over. I at LEAST made Aleeya put some shorts on. Nothing says "BIENVENIDO" like girls in swimsuits and shaved ice.

Camden, Emerson, Aleeya and Iris were all invited by our neighbors to go to a Vacation Bible School at their Baptist church. We decided to let them go because I think it shocked them when my kids told them we read the Bible every night (trying to finish the New Testament). I think they thought we just read the Book of Mormon.....which happens to be ANOTHER testament of Jesus Christ since it compliments the Bible perfectly. 
The theme of the VBS was something to do with science so they did experiments. This is Iris showing me her cool blue water experiment when she got home.

The last day they had a big presentation where they sang all the songs they've been practicing. Camden told me he was NOT going to go the last day because he didn't want to sing and do the many  (MANY) actions that went with the songs. I told the kids I wouldn't MISS it. (Baptist songs tends to be more energetic then our church's so I knew I was in for a show)

I was just bummed I couldn't see them very well while they were performing since they stayed in their seats.

I spy Aleeya.........

 Emerson was the one kid in class who asked the preacher if he believed in the Trinity. When the pastor said he did Emerson said, "Then who was he praying to in the Garden or talking to on the cross? HIMSELF?" Emerson came home and said their pastor has a REAL big imagination. Oh gosh, leave it to Emerson to call ANYONE out.
Emerson is the last (short) one on the left in the gray shirt.

Emerson was all making fun of the songs beforehand so imagine my SHOCK when during every song he was probably the MOST into it. I could've watched him all day. I couldn't stop giggling inside at him jamming out to these Baptist songs. link




Aleeya took her singing VERY seriously. Iris on the front row decided not to sing that song so she was the only one sitting down. Anyway, this video is a minute long. I included it mostly for family
link



Bronson is old enough to be in Boy Scouts now and has been excited for his Monday-Saturday camp ever since he turned 12! They were waking up at 4 in the morning to leave and Bronson didn't want to forget anything. I thought it was cute how he left the note on the fridge reminding him to  get his water bottle out of the freezer.

Here are the 3 twelve year olds from our ward. They were meeting up with another ward with 10 or 12 boys to make up their troop. This is right after Brooks dropped them off. Seriously, Bronson was SO excited.

This was his first time really spending the night away from us, but for some reason I knew he wouldn't have ANY issues with it. I started feeling sad for missing my boy and then I couldn't help but get all excited about it too since I knew he would be having a blast.


He came back looking 2 years older!!!


I guess all those adventures involving bull frogs, giant spiders, fishing, water blobs, pranks and cleaning bathrooms will do that do you!
(He already can't wait until next year)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

It's great to see pics of your family. I haven't blogged forever and I just think you have the cutest family! I cannot believe you've got 8 kids! Wow!

Babelicious said...

I bet he had the best time. I wish I would have talked to him about it when he was here. He does look so much older. All that golf must have paid off because apparently they were golfing so good with RA!!