Monday, May 4, 2015

Scout Camp

It's hard for me to believe I have a 12 year old who is old enough to go to overnight scout camps.....and it is even MORE hard for me to believe that my husband (who works with the youth young men in our church) actually GOES camping with them. Hilarious if you ask me.

But it IS nice because I have someone who can take pictures for me so I can get a sneak peek at all the fun he has.

These 12-14 year old boys were all given some cardboard and plastic things along with tape and were assigned to build a raft. Then were were going to race against the other 7 groups/wards from our church there. 

Here are the four boys with their raft.


And an upclose of the raft. If you are anything like me, then you would be thinking, "ummmmm, not sure if I could see that floating long enough to race!"

 They came up with a plan to have the two lightest boys (Bronson and Liam) be the ones to race it, so here they are putting it into the water (you can see another group's raft behind). They came in all shapes and sizes!

And they are off!!!!! (apparently it had rained the night before and through the night so it was a murky day)

They had to go over to the island thing and back and here they are coming back........neck and neck with one other raft (that looks more like a canoe!)

AND THEY WOOOOOOOON!!!!!!
Bronson's smile in this picture is PRICELESS!!!!

And what do you do to celebrate your group's win? Well you push the rower in the water, of course!!!!
Testosterone.......sheesh.

Aaaaaaand there he goes.

Is this bad that I giggle whenever I look at the picture Brooks took of the other group's boat that didn't make it ?.... hahaha

Aaaaaaaaaaand they are going camping again this weekend. They go once or twice a month so Bronson is in heaven, obviously.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Bronson is so cute Baloo! Glad he had fun!

Babelicious said...

This looks like so much fun! I LOVE the last picture of the mangled raft. Hilarious. Good job on the win Bronson.