Monday, October 20, 2014

Girlie Birthdays

So much for not overlapping any of my kids' birthdays in the same month....... October has TWO of my girlies birthdays. :)

My sweet, endearing and ever-so-high-maintenance Kellyn turned 2 on October 5th.
TWO!!!!!!
(I love that she is still wearing the seashell necklace Aleeya made her while we were at the beach the week before this picture was taken. Aleeya pretty much makes necklaces out of everything. If you are missing something is will be attached to a string around someone's neck)

Lucky for me Kellyn has absolutely ZERO clue what a birthday is and ZERO expectations......
which is why it kinda crept up on me. I mean, I KNEW her birthday was coming and I knew I had an extra cake mix in the cupboards, so I didn't think to worry much more then that.

Come October 5th (Sunday) we were watching General Conference and she was eating a mango (her favorite) and the boys said, "Are you eating that mango for your birthday?" Of course she nodded because she nods after EVERYTHING we say.
(notice the pedometer necklace around her neck this time. Aleeya went above and BEYOND with that particular necklace)
Then I realized it was time to pull out the cake mix and make some zebra cupcakes (that's what the cakebox said...."zebra". I don't usually name my baked goods after animals)

Kellyn, of course was excited to get cake (as always) but when we started singing to her the birthday song, she looked awfully confused. After we finished she held up her hands in a "book" position and asked us to sing "Book of Mormon Stories". She had no idea why we were standing around singing that OTHER song when we should be singing her favorite song. a haha

Kellyn was perfectly fine with her cupcakes but the older kids asked when I was going to give her her present! (Oh man......um.......PRESENT?!?!? She doesn't need anything more then a pedometer necklace!!!! What more could a girl want?!?!)

Thankfully I had a present bin downstairs with an Easter bubble gun in it.

Bubbles are Kellyn's absolute (HANDS DOWN) favorite thing so she loved Royce shooting the bubbles at her. Kinda a win-win with two kids doing their favorite things (shooting and popping bubbles)
And to illustrate how much my ever-so-thoughtful gift meant to Kellyn she dropped the beetle that she had been carrying around all morning because she was SO excited over the bubbles.
Now THAT is true excitement.
So I think it's safe to say Kellyn had a great day......and subsequently, so did the beetle.


Aleeya-beeya turned 7 on the 17th!!!!
I remember when I had my ultrasound with her and when they told me I was having a girl (after 3 boys) I started crying. 
OUT. OF. FEAR!!!!! 
I sobbed to Brooks, "I do-on't know HOW to be a mo-om to a GIRRRRRL!!!!"

Turns out, I kinda like it. And I like her.....a lot 
(even all her newly found emotions)


Aleeya told me beforehand she wanted a soccer ball piñata......for obvious reasons. 
She is so easy to please.

I have awesome friends here. This might LOOK like my friend Holly, but it's really my angel-of-mercy. She came and dropped off her girl at Aleeya's party and then took my older three boys home with HER to play with her boy. Talk about SUPER helpful. 
Emerson RAN out of the door to give her a hug thanking her over and over for letting him come to her house........Aaaaaaaand it kinda looked like a man escaping his personal prison but I won't take offense. I'm choosing not to.

All Aleeya told me she wanted was ice-cream and brownies and a soccer ball piñata. Then, upon speaking to a friend of mine the day before her birthday I found out that Aleeya told HER that she was having a mermaid party. Ummm....okay.
So mermaids sitting on top of brownies and ice cream it is.
CLEARLY she is beyond thrilled.
The whole house was full of girls (besides Brooks and Royce) and Brooks and I couldn't stop laughing on how different it was. Around the table the girls were singing at the top of their lungs "Let It Go" and giggling. 6 months ago I had a table full of boys for Emerson's party while they were exchanging potty jokes and putting bunny-ears on each other.

The piñata whacking.....

On Aleeya's ACTUAL birthday we were in Myrtle Beach for the day.......not a bad way to wake up on your birthday.
So she got her presents from grandparents and junk box/present from us after some major swim-action.
The junk box is always the greatest hit with the kids.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FIRST GIRLIE. I love her.

And because I mentioned how easy Aleeya is to please I wanted to prove it with a little gem I saw at the Parent-Teacher-Conference I had last week. 
The teacher asked all the kids if they could go ANYWHERE in the world, where would it be and they had to write it down. I saw answers like the beach, Disneyworld, etc etc.
This was on Aleeya's balloon.....
"I wot to go to IHOP!"

Because we are classy like that.

2 comments:

Linsey said...

Look at that cute blonde hair! Isn't it great how when they are so little they don't know when there's a holiday or birthday and are so pleased with any measure of extra attention or spoiling!?! And how cool is it that Aleeya would choose IHOP over anything else?! Happy Birthday cute girls! Tia Linsey REALLY misses you!!

gloverfamily said...

You make the cutest kids. I mean, really,it is too much.

I love the IHOP wish! I agree!