Sunday, September 7, 2014

Lake Keowee

One of our favorite places ON EARTH is Lake Keowee!!!!

Our friends have a house/boat up there and our schedules finally aligned to get our family up there.

First thing first......life jackets, then jump in.

Kellyn even got in for a while.....which is HUGE.
HUGE I SAY!!!!!
Actually it isn't that big of a big deal considering the water is amazing. Like bath water amazing. 
No joke. It was warmer in the water then out with the nice summer breeze.

It's like a little piece of paradise to me. See?

My kids LOVE being pulled on "Big Mable" behind the boat, but they also like playing "King of Mable" and try to throw each other off. Emerson won this time.....and actually is the kid that usually stays on Mable the longest while being pulled behind a boat too. He just lays down and waits until Camden or Bronson go off first. 

On top of Mable, the newest member of the boating was this missile thing......here is Emerson sitting in it where he said, "Take a picture and I will pretend I don't know you're doing it". Did it work?


So you climb in and hold on the black handle bars up at the top. It ALSO helps if you have an I'm-so-cool look, just for added effect.
Then you get pulled behind the boat. You never get thrown off like on Mable, you just get pulled really fast and possibly thrown around when you go over a wake. Brooks said it felt like he was in a washing machine when he got going. Soooooo, yea, that didn't make me want to try it.

I decided to stay back on the dock and take care of Everly.......oh wait, never mind, Mr. Lonnie had her asleep on his lap. (This child falls asleep wherever). So I just ate cake and jumped off the dock with Royce.

Emerson came back and started working on his "American Ninja Warrior" skills under the dock too.



Getting ready for the 6-kid-group-jump
BOMBS AWAY!!!!!
(the constant smiling faces of my kids the whole day makes these trips so enjoyable as a parent. I just couldn't stop laughing riding in the boat watching them out there with huge grins just WAITING to be thrown off Mable.)


This could possibly be my favorite picture of the whole trip and how I feel when I'm there.


3 comments:

Cami said...

Your family is the best!! I love reading all of your adventures!

Linsey said...

So fun! What a fun weekend to kick off the beach this next week!! You're right, that picture of Aleeya is classic! It looks like an advertisement for a vacation getaway!

hughesfamily said...

Seriously, Aleeya's smile is the most joyful smile in the world.